Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2777

Arechols12
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arechols12.html

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by Arechols12 »

Angel Unaware by Dale Evans Roger. It's from the perspective of their little girl in heaven looking down on the impact of her short life.
Fooch31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fooch31.html

Post by Fooch31 »

The book that made me cry the most was Bridges of Madison County, cried through the whole last chapter!
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

marles wrote:The ending of The Memoirs Of Cleopatra and Helen Of Troy have moved me to tears. However, I cried my little eyes out when I read A Dogs Purpose. That book was like a dagger to my heart.
That is an excellent analysis of A Dog's Purpose! If people ask me if I'm going to see the movie I get to relive that all over again :(
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I have only cried once while reading a book and it was a long time ago. The book called "A Child Called It". The things this child was put through was horrific.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Lawdy2010

Post by Lawdy2010 »

I seem to get really emotionally invested in books and characters so I probably cry at books more often than I should. One that made my cry for like half the book and gave me a serious book hang over was Bright Side by Kim Holden. But the most recent one to make me cry was #Bae by Cambria Herbert, mostly because I could relate to the characters feelings due to a similar experience. Highly recommend both books and both authors!
sullivan + 2

Post by sullivan + 2 »

I cried when Beth died in Little Women. I read it and re-read it several times and tears rolled down my face each time. I know that there have been others. A pet's death can move me to tears even in a comic strip. A dog's death is especially hard.
jaayyybo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaayyybo.html

Post by jaayyybo »

The Art of Racing in the Rain

bt Garth Stein
Jories4
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Jories4 »

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is the only book i´ve ever cried, If you havent read it dont do it if you cry a lot in sad ending stories.
-Dan
B-Nickelson
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by B-Nickelson »

Of course Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows made me bawl. But other than that the Fault in Our Stars had me crying every couple of chapters. It was an extremely real thing for me considering that I have multiple people in my family that suffer from cancer and my Husbands father had just died from cancer. But it put so much in perspective.
RobertRun

Post by RobertRun »

not to sound to cheesy, but i cried at the ending of my book as i was writing it because i had grown to love my characters and i knew i was going to miss them.. lol. :oops:
Tuktu
Currently Reading: Wishing for a highlander
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00N9ZVN90

Post by Tuktu »

I bawled for "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes.. book was so much better than the movie
Brooklyn Griffin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooklyn-griffin.html

Post by Brooklyn Griffin »

The Infernal Devices series and the Eragon series both made me cry like a baby after the last book. I get sad just thinking about them!
Douwe
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-douwe.html

Post by Douwe »

The Bridge to Terabithia the book and the movie both made me cry!
Even if i normally don't cry in sad scenes this book made cry so much i think my parents got worried!
It is still a great book and i would definitely read it again someday.
BeNana2Brwns

Post by BeNana2Brwns »

It's been a long time since I read it but "Flowers for Algernon" made me cry. Though I remember little about it now, I remember how emotionally it effected me.
Recently I read a very different book which was billed as based on real events "Julia Pastrana" by Sandy Olson. It was humbling, shocking, and well written.
Jasmine M Wardiya
Currently Reading: Darkglass Mountain #2 - The Twisted Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-m-wardiya.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jasmine M Wardiya »

The only book that has made me cry is The Outsiders by SE Hinton. Unfortunately, it was a school book. Fortunately, the first time I read it was not in class - though by some stroke of luck I wound up reading the exact same scene aloud later on (and managed not to cry then). I've read the HP series, Bridge to Terabithia and some of John Steinback's stuff, but part of those is age, me thinks. If I'd read Bridge to Terabithia in primary school, I probably would have cried. I read it for the first time after I'd graduated though. The Time-Traveller's Wife is a new find in a second hand book store, but I haven't read it yet. I'll get back to you guys on my verdict once I have!
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”