Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2774

Gennykay
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gennykay.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by Gennykay »

A book called Red Glass. It was absolutely gorgeous. I let a friend borrow it but she never gave it a chance and moved away before returning it. I'm still heartbroken.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
BookwormBlondie_003
Currently Reading: The Statistaical Probability of LOVE at First Sight
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by BookwormBlondie_003 »

The book that immediately came to mind from only a couple of years ago is The Fault in our Stars. I don't cry easily, but I was moved to tears in the middle of class. I'm sure everyone thought I was nuts. :oops:
MiloGoethel
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milogoethel.html

Post by MiloGoethel »

I have never cried in a book, and I don't know why. I'm not really a cold hearted person, I just don't cry easily.
savannahlynch
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannahlynch.html

Post by savannahlynch »

A lot of books make me cry as I am very emotional. But the ones that come to mind immediately are Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Looking For Alaska, If I Stay, and for some reason, Perks Of Being a Wallflower.
Reyes183
Currently Reading: You're Next
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyes183.html

Post by Reyes183 »

I am an avid reader and book collector.I also have a small,but very profitable used and new online book selling business.I love to read .I've had a love for reading since i was a child and as i got older , it has been something that i enjoy doing more.I have been selling and collecting books for years and i have a few writers that i really love their books.I collect their books ,i have read every book they have written and i continue to be a fan and continue to collect and read all the books they write.DAVID BALDACCI, is one of one of my favorite writers.I have every book he has written and i am presently reading and following 4 of his book series. In 1999 , David Baldacci wrote a stand alone book titled : SAVING FAITH.I immediately bought the book the first day it hit the book stores.I started reading the book and i immediately liked all the characters in the story.The story has action,drama,and the plot will have you telling and talking to your friends and family about this story for a very long time.It's just impossible to put down.I would honestly stay up till about 3:00 am reading,that's how good this book is,at the end of the story after everything these two people have been through together,i was surprised and so happy at the end,i actually was crying when i put this book down.In 30 years of reading books avidly, no story that i have ever read made me cry,SAVING FAITH did.
Hunny Bees

Post by Hunny Bees »

I have cried when I read biographies about people who have fought to live but sadly lost the battle. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte always makes me cry. Other classics are cathartic such as Tess of the Durbevilles and Far from the madding crowd. Some books make me angry rather than tearful if they are about abuse. Oh and a book from my childhood. Nikki, That Mad Bad Badger by Molly Birkett. A fantastic book but sooo sad :cry:
zahreen jugreet
Currently Reading: the kiss
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zahreen-jugreet.html

Post by zahreen jugreet »

The book is " The fault In Our stars". this really moved me to tears. John Green knows how to move readers.
-kayla
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by -kayla »

I've cried over a lot of books, one of the first one to make me cry was a Jodi Picoult book.
BlaqkViolette
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Glass Wall
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blaqkviolette.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by BlaqkViolette »

I'm sure I've cried at quite a few, however the only ones that jump to mind are Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and My Sisters Keeper.
missrex_se
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missrex-se.html

Post by missrex_se »

Dear Lord - I cry at anything and everything, it's just how I'm wired. But one that made really bawl recently (you know, full-on hickuping and can't-even-see-to-read-because-tears criyng my eyes out) was The Memory Book. Mother of two diagnosed with Alzheimers, noticing things slipping away and triyng to salvage stuff for kids to remember. Wow. Left me exhausted.
Shelbilyn09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelbilyn09.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shelbilyn09 »

Oh I'm sure there are plenty! But the most recent one and only one I can think of off the top of my head is Yours Always by Rhonda Dennis. She's a local author in my town, and she's absolutely amazing. You can find her book on Amazon, Barnes and Nobel, and books a million! Definitely worth it!
Michelle-lit
Currently Reading: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-lit.html
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor

Post by Michelle-lit »

I've never even thought about this until I read this discussion. I have never cried while reading a book, but I have frequently cried during movies. I wonder why? Maybe it's easier for me to disconnect if I can't actually see the emotion.
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor
alm69al1982
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alm69al1982.html
Reading Device: B007G7CO2C

Post by alm69al1982 »

I cried like a baby when I finished the Divergent series. I have never in my life wanted to throttle an author that badly. It broke my heart! :(
abcmama89
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 31">Shades of Twilight</a>
Currently Reading: The Children's Crusade
Bookshelf Size: 147

Post by abcmama89 »

Agree with bridge to terabithia and my sisters keeper. Someone else's love story
aj-moussa
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by aj-moussa »

The Book of Negroes. Heartwrenching.....

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”