Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2774

Allie0406
Currently Reading: Erotica for the Soul, Vol.1
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allie0406.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by Allie0406 »

A book that's made me cry lately is Slow Burn by K. Bromberg. Definitely had me bawling like a baby and tugs at your heart strings until you literally ache. This is a spinoff book from her Driven series. The series is a definite must read!!
11-22-63sk
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-11-22-63sk.html

Post by 11-22-63sk »

The book Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick made me cry.
Mimi Fux
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Mimi Fux »

Anything by Kristin Hannah especially A Winter Garden and Firefly Lane
Melissa_B
Currently Reading: The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad)
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Melissa_B »

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I remember shedding tears the first time I read the book... and every time thereafter as well. One of the best books I've read in a long time. This is the story of two boys in Afghanistan and Afghan immigrants in America. But what was really touching is that it is a novel about humanity - about friendship, loyalty, cruelty, longing for acceptance, redemption and survival. A must read.
tiffanynettles
Favorite Author: Tami Hoad
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanynettles.html
Latest Review: "Fate Reborn" by Christina OW

Post by tiffanynettles »

The Harry Potter book that dumbledore dies in. Call me a nerd but I was devastated. Also, I had read the entire series and had become extremely attached to the character, and his death was just so unexpected.
Latest Review: "Fate Reborn" by Christina OW
HDELbook
Currently Reading: Olympian Challenger
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hdelbook.html

Post by HDELbook »

Pretty much any sad scene ,if it builds up enough, will make me cry. I am such a sensitive person! :cry: :oops:
chez59
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by chez59 »

tiffanynettles wrote:The Harry Potter book that dumbledore dies in. Call me a nerd but I was devastated. Also, I had read the entire series and had become extremely attached to the character, and his death was just so unexpected.
Nerd? Count me in. Big Bang Theory gave a spoiler alert, so I knew Dumbledore's fate, just not when. I, too was devastated!
Shannon Marie

Post by Shannon Marie »

The only book that has ever made me cry was Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows, for obvious reasons.
tiffany48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffany48.html

Post by tiffany48 »

Every Nicholas Sparks Books I read.
toonenthusiast
Favorite Author: Janet Fitch
Currently Reading: The Bell Jar
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toonenthusiast.html
Latest Review: "Remains" by Belle Antoinette
fav_author_id: 3223

Post by toonenthusiast »

Until I read The Fault in Our Stars, I never cried when reading a book. I've always tried to connect with one that strongly I'd merely be relieved, borderline overjoyed when I finished reading, after the emotional ordeal they endured and I laid witness to. So, I'm not sure why The Fault in Our Stars really hit me as it did, but I cried at the end of the book. And it wasn't for the romantic angle of the story, I think it was the feeling of helplessness and imagining other people I know enduring something similar.
Latest Review: "Remains" by Belle Antoinette
romymaria
Currently Reading: The Color Master
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romymaria.html
Latest Review: "Fancy Pants Poetry Volume Two" by Agostino Scafidi

Post by romymaria »

The Time Traveler's Wife. All-time favorite book; read it about 10 times and still makes me cry.
Latest Review: "Fancy Pants Poetry Volume Two" by Agostino Scafidi
mckay5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mckay5.html

Post by mckay5 »

I felt silly until I read the first post, because the most memorable book I cried over was, definitely, Harry Potter. :) When Dumbledore died, and when Dobbie died.
EricaB
Currently Reading: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericab.html

Post by EricaB »

The first book that made me cry was the last book of the Animorphs Series. Before that moment, in my adolescence, I'd never known how I could mourn the loss of a character I had grown to love.
Since that first, I've cried for so many books. My Sisters Keeper, which I read at a time when I needed to be reminded how much I loved my sister. The Half Blood Prince, and of course The Deathly Hallows. The Storyteller.

And now I've decided I haven't read enough books. I'll get right on that.
madison121
Currently Reading: The elegance of the hedgehog
Bookshelf Size: 172

Post by madison121 »

I have cried from so many books over the years that i honestly cant keep track. I used to always read to and from school which wasn't always the best idea, especially when an author throws in some strong emotions. I remember one time i was reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman on the way to school and as anyone who has read it will know that well its not a very happy book and definitely pulls at your heart strings, so there i was bawling my eyes on this public bus, my eyes red and puffy from crying and the eyes of half the bus looking at me like i belonged in a mental institution. Needless to say it definitely wasn't one of my finest moments when i finally arrived at school and had to explain to my teacher who was genuinely concerned for my well being that I looked like a mess because of words on a page.
Deannanicole4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deannanicole4.html

Post by Deannanicole4 »

Burned by Ellen Hopkins and Last Song by Nicholas Sparks always make me cry!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”