Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2774

krood10
Currently Reading: gray wolf throne
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krood10.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by krood10 »

Eleanore and Park by Rainbow Rowell, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey, and Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
BookishAshlee
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishashlee.html

Post by BookishAshlee »

The Fault in Our Stars (Obviously) by John Green
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I couldn't help myself the tears just started pouring. My roommate walked past my room and said "ooo you got to that part." There are a few other that made me tear up light Night by Eli Weisel.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
hwestman
Currently Reading: Lean In
Bookshelf Size: 237
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hwestman.html
Latest Review: "The Only One" by JF Holland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by hwestman »

I tend to cry with lots of books, I just get so absorbed into the story lines that I'm as emotional as the characters if the story is well written. Rebecca Donovan Breathe series was one that really got to me.
Latest Review: "The Only One" by JF Holland
maisha016
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maisha016.html

Post by maisha016 »

Reediming Love by Francine Rivers. It is such a phenomenal book. I cried, cried, cried, and then cried some more. I highly suggest that if you havent read it-- DO IT!!!! Also, My Sister's Keeper. Wow. What a phenomenal book. Rivers of tears!
meganxxcooper
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meganxxcooper.html

Post by meganxxcooper »

Bridge to Terrabithia,
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Alliegent
TFIOS
Laurencbosch
Currently Reading: Brisingr
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurencbosch.html
Latest Review: "Fleeing Eden" by Trisha M. Wilson

Post by Laurencbosch »

For some reason I cry at the end of almost every single book I read, particularly the ones I get really in to. I guess I just get really upset when I get done with a book because I no longer get to hear about those characters who have somehow become a part of my life. I know that seems weird but I just get so into books that it begins to feel like the characters a real people. It doesn't help that the ending of most good books is so profound and epic.

But other than at the end of almost every book I've ever read, I balled my eyes out for about an hour when I read Bridge to Terabithia.
Latest Review: "Fleeing Eden" by Trisha M. Wilson
thereader123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thereader123.html

Post by thereader123 »

Wow! There was this one book in particular, which I now truly, forgot. Only thing I can remember is that I cried, it was so touching, definitely an experience book reader like me.
easaands
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easaands.html

Post by easaands »

pc cast marked, richelle mead frost bite and dire destiny of ours. I've never shed tears for fiction, but the above came pretty close.
Royal Bibliophile
Currently Reading: Falling Kingdoms
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-royal-bibliophile.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Royal Bibliophile »

atrixa wrote:Tell us what books have had you bawling like a baby. For me, the only one i can think of is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Oh goodness I've cried every single time I've read it! Hedwig, Dobby, I know it's coming both times yet I still get misty eyed. Not to mention the mass of deaths after the final duals. :cry:

-- July 9th, 2015, 10:28 am --

I cried in the final chapter of The Heir; I got so invested in The Selection series and when I didn't forsee the ending events happening, the waterworks began.
didabean
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-didabean.html

Post by didabean »

Honestly, I cry over every single book that I get even slightly invested in. It doesn't matter if the ending was happy or sad, I always cry. I think I just cry because it's over.
maroki13
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maroki13.html
Latest Review: "Whispers from the East" by Amie Ali
fav_author_id: 2373

Post by maroki13 »

I cry all the time in books, I can't even start on a list. I cry from happiness, or from sadness...as long as I feel connected with the characters in some way in the story, and something really emotional happens, then I'll cry. The last book I cried while reading was "Half of a Yellow Sun" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and before that it was "The Unknown Americans" by Christina HenriQuez.
Latest Review: "Whispers from the East" by Amie Ali
Siannajiani
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siannajiani.html

Post by Siannajiani »

a lot of books have made me cry, harry potter and the order of the phoenix, harry potter and the half blood prince, harry potter and the deathly hallows, the last book that I cried at was dark heart forever by lee monroe, I did a review of it for my personal book blog and I guess the tension towards the end got to me
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Post by hannahbm13 »

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. This was the best book I have read in a very long time.
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz
wolfet
Currently Reading: Blind
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wolfet.html

Post by wolfet »

A Child Called "It" made me cry so much! The things his mother did to him were terrible. One of the saddest most remarkable books I have read to date.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”