Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2778

animalgirl
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animalgirl.html

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by animalgirl »

Any books where animals die or get hurt or sick make me cry. I think Watership Down was the one where I cried first. I read the book then saw the movie. The book made a greater impact. Also, Old Yeller. I read the book and saw the movie of that too.

The first time I read Gone with the Wind, I think I cried.
jovanovi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovanovi.html

Post by jovanovi »

Most recently, Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. Loved that book!
alwhitworth84

Post by alwhitworth84 »

I am the biggest baby. I cry at commercials, movies, songs, happy shows, books...you name it. As I stated in my intro, Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult had me crying from beginning to end. At the same time, it makes you want to read it over and over.
Melisa_D
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-d.html

Post by Melisa_D »

I don't normally cry much, but I will tell you that I cried like a baby in the last few chapters of The Fault in Our Stars. It's just a real story that hits all those fuzzy parts in your body.
Fangirl_For_Books

Post by Fangirl_For_Books »

The only ever book that has made me cry was Looking For Alaska by John Green. For some reason it touched my heart then tore it apart into tiny pieces leaving me a sobbing mess in front of my class. (It wasn't pretty) And the book is very enjoyable too, that will have you laughing, crying, and trying to find the reason why we exist and other questions you will look deeply into.
jescat
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jescat.html

Post by jescat »

I'm kinda new so hi :)
The most recent book I cried during was Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
I sobbed while reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and If I Stay by Gayle Forman, they're both so good.
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is also a really good and sad book that I bawled through
kayl_reader

Post by kayl_reader »

One of the books that made me cry was "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins. Mainly because of one thing I wont mention because its a spoiler for those who haven't read the book. It not only made me cry but I ended up throwing the book across the room I was in. It was emotional for me! Another book that made me cry was every book in the "Unwind" Series by Neal Shusterman. The books that are out so far. Those books were all just dystopian tear jerkers. I cant wait for the next book in the seires they aren't only tear jerkers but they are like soo interesting and you will just never put them down! They are sad so when you read them grab a box of tissues and some chocolate cause you will be crying by the end. But they are soo good and I recommend them!
Linda7228
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Blood Weddings by Federico Garcia Lorca
Currently Reading: Heist Society
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linda7228.html
Latest Review: "The Sham" by Ellen Allen
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Linda7228 »

The one I can remember I cried so hard was My Sisters Keeper. I made the huge mistake of watching the movie before reading the book so I thought I knew what I was in for, BIG MISTAKE. The ending had me sobbing like a toddler who just dropped his ice cream.
Latest Review: "The Sham" by Ellen Allen
curlybookworm
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curlybookworm.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by curlybookworm »

I've lessened reading too emotional books, but I can't resist! I still find those books very inspiring, though really sad and tear-provoking!
Among the books which made me cry, Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, Where is God when it Hurts? by Phillip Yancey and numerous books made me cry, a lot! But funny thing is, I'm consoled, and re-read them again! Yeah, cried and cried over again!
silvay77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvay77.html

Post by silvay77 »

The book that made me cry was The Diary of Ann Frank. That goes to show the world about what people are capable of doing to each other. It ws a horrible feeling having to live the way she did and then die in that camp. It was too much for my heart.
ktfrank04
Currently Reading: Wizard and Glass - Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktfrank04.html

Post by ktfrank04 »

Ah, I know it is a good book if it can make me cry. I have indeed read several, but my most recent would have to be Jodi Picoult's, "The Storyteller". I would recommend it to anyone! It is a contemporary book that flashes back to nazi-era Germany. This book transports you to that time and place, at many points I could sympathize with the characters to a point where I felt it was actually happening to me! Not many authors have that talent. Wonderful read though it is extremely intense and emotional. Keep some tissues nearby d;
amullins516
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amullins516.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by amullins516 »

Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling), The Fault in Our Stars (John Green), Flowers for Algernon (Daniel Keyes), Every Day (David Levithan), Allegiant (Veronica Roth), If I Stay (Gayle Forman).... yeah, it's safe to say I'm a book-crier.
mthornton2007

Post by mthornton2007 »

The last book to make me cry was Allegiant, the final book of the Divergent series. If you have not read this series, you don't know what you're missing. Just when I thought I knew how it was going to end, there's a sharp turn into left field that had me bawling for days.
EnciuDana96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enciudana96.html

Post by EnciuDana96 »

I rarely cry at books and movies. This is why Tender is the night by F. Scott Fitzgerald and The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson are my favorite books. I often read them again and it is never without tears. I highly recommend them.
Annae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annae.html

Post by Annae »

i don't tend to cry when reading. i do avoid dramas as well. however, i read P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern some months ago and i hated it. i barely could finish it. too much drama, made me depressive. the worst book in my library.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”