Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2778

wingdawn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by wingdawn »

Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan was fine until the ending, which reduced me to tears. Annabeth and Percy deserve a nice and peaceful life without any more monsters, please and thank you.
Yafa1822
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yafa1822.html
Latest Review: "Her Irresistible Troublemaker" by Sonia Parin

Post by Yafa1822 »

Drowning Ruth and A Mad Marriage
Latest Review: "Her Irresistible Troublemaker" by Sonia Parin
SammyJo02
Currently Reading: Perfume
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by SammyJo02 »

I sobbed like a baby on a plane in front of people reading My Sister's Keeper. So sad. And of course Harry Potter SPOILER ALERT when Dumbledore died.
P_hernandez
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-hernandez.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones

Post by P_hernandez »

Making me cry isn't difficult lol. But there are some books that I needed to take a breath, walk away, and stop the tears. Even when I think about certain lines or scenes from the books, I cry all over again lol. Like The Fault In Our Stars. This book got to me at different times. The line from the book "I lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace." That kills me every time. The Clockwork Princess I think broke me for an entire summer. Harry Potter is another contender for making me weep. Like when Cedric's dad was upset. Or when Dobby died. I can't even think of those things without getting a little choked up.

Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend was absolutely heart breaking and beautiful all at once. That book will make you cry but it will also make you happy.
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones
missholls910
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missholls910.html

Post by missholls910 »

Love Story. Every time! If I need a good cry, this is my go to!
AF_wife1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-af-wife1.html

Post by AF_wife1 »

Any book by Lurlene McDaniels.
KatLady9

Post by KatLady9 »

Without a doubt, I, Rigoberta Menchu: An Indian Woman in Guatemala by Rigoberta Menchu made me cry multiple times during the novel. It was through this emotional testimony that my heart went out to those who suffered in Guatemala.
cbradshawphil
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cbradshawphil.html

Post by cbradshawphil »

"If I stay" and its sequel "What If" are one of the books that made me cry. The love of Mia and Adam for each other is an explainable. It is like a magic that they are the only person that know it. Also the fact that Mia became an orphan just because of one accident. The pain that she wen through the story is unbearable.
book_babe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-babe_97747.html

Post by book_babe »

When I read I can't help but get so into the characters and feel what they are feeling, that it is so easy to make me cry while reading a book. I could not count how many books I have cried while reading.
Miche11e_is_reading

Post by Miche11e_is_reading »

I have cried while reading a few books, all of which became favourites. Never Look Back by Lesley Pierce and Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers are at the top of my list of favourites...I cried all through them. For me emotion is what makes a character real and if it touches me to the point of crying, the author did a really good job.
afrakes
Currently Reading: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afrakes.html

Post by afrakes »

Tuesdays with Morrie! I saw the end coming, but I couldn't hold it in. :cry:
Brit_Jewell
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brit-jewell.html

Post by Brit_Jewell »

The first book that comes to mind that really got me crying was the Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. He is a really great author and just pulls you in to his characters. That is also a book that I could read again and again.
r4chelsull
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r4chelsull.html

Post by r4chelsull »

I just recently read "The Year of Luminous Love" by Lurlene McDaniel and I bawled my eyes out for the entire last half of the book. It was written so incredibly well, and was very true to actual emotions. Highly recommend.
Mad Dub
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2961">The Book Thief</a>
Currently Reading: The Lovely Bones
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mad-dub.html

Post by Mad Dub »

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold had a few tear-jerkers in it, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak had a terrible sad end, A Child Called It had me actively trying to quiet my sobs, Burned by Ellen Hopkins was crushing at its end, and that is sadly all I can think of.
Bre_M

Post by Bre_M »

99% of all the books I've read, I've cried at some point in the story. The most current being, ''The Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”