Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2777

sphillips44
Favorite Author: Deirdre Martin
Currently Reading: Marcelo in the Real World
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sphillips44.html
Latest Review: "The Wrong Daughter" by Kathryn Rishoff
fav_author_id: 20173

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by sphillips44 »

The most recent book to make me cry was the sequel to The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Some people don't know this, but he wrote a book titled The Wedding that involves Noah and Allie's daughter and her husband. It's extremely heartfelt and definitely tugs at those tender heart strings.
Latest Review: "The Wrong Daughter" by Kathryn Rishoff
Erika Alexandra
Currently Reading: Corpse
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erika-alexandra.html

Post by Erika Alexandra »

As a highly emotional person, it is not difficult to ellicit feelings of sadness from me. One of the books that I cried through out (which made for really awkward lunch breaks and reading in cafe's) was Reluctant Hero by Michael Benfante. A book written by a 9/11 survivor who also saved the life of at least one person. His accounts of what he endured and what he saw others do are inspiring and tragic all in one. He also writes about his life post - 9/11. I don't think I had dry eyes for more than one page while reading this one.
Serena_Charlotte
Favorite Author: Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: The Heads of Cerberus
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-charlotte.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
fav_author_id: 2788

Post by Serena_Charlotte »

I cried when reading the Hunger Games and Mockingjay. I'm pretty sure everyone's gonna say that though. I also cried for Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is the reality of the world different from how we perceive and experience it in our minds? Does physical reality exist apart from the human mind?
TrisNook
Favorite Author: JK Rowling
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and Order of The Phoenix (Harry Potter #5)
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by TrisNook »

The first book that ever made me truly bawl would be Harry Potter because I could just not believe JK Rowling would do that to her fans. And the next book was The Fault in Our Stars because I literally could not see that plot twist coming even though I knew it was going to happen.
katybear826
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by katybear826 »

Looking For Alaska by John Green
nmayer2008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmayer2008.html

Post by nmayer2008 »

Most Jodi Piccoult books...
narvinder kaur 2294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-narvinder-kaur-2294.html

Post by narvinder kaur 2294 »

At first sight by nicholas sparks. its saddening to see how their excitement was taken away when their baby had the risk of amniotic syndrome, and when the time they were supposed to be happy to have a healthy baby, the most unexpected happened. the lost of his wife.
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

The Kid by Dan Savage. I read the whole thing in one night and I had ALL of the feelings. The book details how Dan and his husband became parents. I laughed out loud and sobbed like a baby over and over. I highly recommend The Kid to everybody!
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
Ursula_Minor
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ursula-minor.html
Latest Review: "The Hidden Planet" by Rob Chicken

Post by Ursula_Minor »

Kazuo Ishuguiro's "Never Let me Go." I wept openly on a plane.
callsign: unknown
Latest Review: "The Hidden Planet" by Rob Chicken
Katievbest90
Currently Reading: After the Falls
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katievbest90.html

Post by Katievbest90 »

P.s. I love you
But surprisingly I cried before I even had half the book read! You'd expect the tears at the end usually.
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

I 100% agree, P.S. I love you is an absolute tear jerker!
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
NVJones
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nvjones.html

Post by NVJones »

The only book I have ever cried while reading was Stepahie Meyer's The Host. It was one of the first audio books I listened to and, unfortunately, I was at work at the time. As I listened to the story, I found myself disliking humans and siding with the alien protagonist. I would alternate between anger and sadness. That book wrung so many strong emotions from me that I was emotionally drained by the end. I was shocked at this since I really didn't care for her Twilight series.
bade-toska
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bade-toska.html

Post by bade-toska »

Where the Red Fern Grows :cry:
PaperbackGirl

Post by PaperbackGirl »

Oh God! I've read so many books that made me cry like a baby. Starting off with a best seller which obviously everyone knows about, "The Fault In Our Stars" is a choice if you want some light reading that will turn into some heavy reading from being unable to keep your eyes dry.
I liked that book a lot, and I think it even made me a more sensitive person. After reading it I just cried for every single thing!
Another favorite book of mine that made me cry a lot is called "In This Moment" by the amazing Autumn Doughton. It was so emotional. I had to put the book down so many times because I needed a break to cry. I must seem like a total masoquist, but these books are put on my hands to read them.
I hope you are able to read one of my choices. If you do, tell me what you think about them! :)
megs21781
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by megs21781 »

The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffinegger that one left me traumatized for days :(

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”