2017 Reading Challenge

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
KTKat1377
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktkat1377.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018Y229OU

Re: 2017 Reading Challenge

Post by KTKat1377 »

I'm going to try for 100 this year. I didn't set a goal last year, nor was I tracking my progress. I'm shooting for the moon, but with how much I devour books, the moon is very achievable.
Sarahmarie12
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarie12.html

Post by Sarahmarie12 »

Wow there's a lot of overachievers in here! I want to read a book a week for 2017, so about 52. I haven't ever set a goal like this before, but it sounds exciting! Let's see if I can balance this with all the reading I have to do for grad school!
Niki_2

Post by Niki_2 »

This is my first reading challenge on this site so I think I'm going to be conservative and say 50.
Bare Necessities
Currently Reading: Empire of Storms
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bare-necessities.html

Post by Bare Necessities »

I have a really busy year ahead of me :? . I miss when I could read up to 50 books a year, but my goal for this year is just 25.
allewallyn

Post by allewallyn »

I can sometimes read a book in 2-3 days, sometimes start amd finish one and begin another. Depends on my one-year-old and how antsy she is. So, I'll say 200. That might be a stretch, but we'll see.
spense42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spense42.html

Post by spense42 »

If I had no other demands on my time, I could easily read several books a week. I expect to tackle between 50 and 100 books this year. I do want to expand my scope and try some new authors and genres.
ylisa7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

Kattee wrote:Apparently I am an underachiever and no speed reader. 100 books would never even cross my mind to be a goal for one year. I work 2 jobs and raise a 6 year old. Although we read and go to the library life is super busy and throws lots of curves our way...I will set it at 24. Two a month. I like to savor the story so I really take my time reading.

It's not a competition and with your schedule I wouldn't have time to read much either :wink:

Some books I can fly through and other more serious non fiction takes me a long time to get through.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
Zoey
Currently Reading: Sharing Jesus
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-modern-moses.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Zoey »

I think I am going to set mine at about 30. Low for me- but I will be busy preparing for college :P
Never judge a book by its movie.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

I really missed the mark for 2016. Life Happens! However, 2017 I should successfully complete 80.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

Well my goal is 1 book a week so at least 52 books.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
GraceZ123
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55277">The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe</a>
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 219

Post by GraceZ123 »

I have a goal of 75 books this year. A bit more than the 65 I read in 2016.
KNewton
Favorite Author: Not possible to list
Favorite Book: Not possible to list
Currently Reading: A Bone To Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knewton.html

Post by KNewton »

Anchovy cat wrote:Hmmm, I actually listen to more books than I actually read. Do those count? I think I could set a reading count of 50 plus at least another 15 on audio. Anyone else listen to books?
I listen to a lot of books through the year at work! Sometimes I listen to two or three a week! I usually listen to those I have a harder time sitting and reading...the longer books that take more focus. For example, Crime and Punishment. However lately, it's whatever is available that sounds interesting. I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes audio books. I do not normally count them in my reading goal, but I keep track of them separately. Happy listening! :D

-- 01 Jan 2017, 22:57 --

For 2017, I plan on trying to be part of the review team...so a minimum of 12 books (one per month). My personal goal outside of this is about 24 books (two a month). I'd love for my goal to be higher but life seems a bit busier lately. However, with my job I tend to listen to a lot of books...about two a week if not more. :techie-reference:
[*]How Fear of the Unknown Hinders the Development of Informed Decisions by Dr. Seuss[*][/color]
A Story in T-Shirts
Currently Reading: Designing Stage Costumes
Bookshelf Size: 169

Post by A Story in T-Shirts »

:techie-studyingbrown:
I need a modest target this year as it's going to be a busy one - writing, launching an ethical fashion design brand and producing a couple of ethical fashion magazines.

Thing is - I can't seem to get through much more than a few days without picking a book up!

Ok - 3 a month, sooooo that makes 36 for 2017. I'm hoping for a few fiction ones in there. There'll definitely be some art and history books, but I suspect there'll be a few on setting up a business, fashion and some of my favourite designers.

Be interesting to see what they will be!
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

set myself 60 this year! wish i could do more but so much real life gets in the way arrghh...
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 790
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

I just found this site. Last year, I had set a goal on a different website at 52 books. But since I am trying to read all of Patterson's books, I read A lot of children's, YA, and Graphic novels as well as my usual mystery/ crime books. That upped my total to 197. I think that 150 is a realistic goal for me.
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling

Return to “Reading Challenges”