What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Joe.
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joe. »

Just finished A Prayer for Owen Meany and its easily teh best book I've read. Going through Confederacy of Dunces and Picture of Dorian Gray now.
ceve4life

Post by ceve4life »

I just started on "The Lightning Theif" by Rick Riodan. I saw the movie preview and figured to read the book before the movie comes out...because I can't stand seeing a movie first before reading a book!
icandoit

Post by icandoit »

reading the sleeping doll by deaver jeffery
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Just halfway through "Homecoming" Bernhard Schlink. I read his earlier book "The Reader" a few months ago & thought it fantastic. The translation from the German is excellent & both are very easy to read.
shay

Post by shay »

Lincoln As I Knew Him: Gossip, Tributes, and Revelations from His Best Friends and Worst Enemies- Edited by Harold Holzer.

So far, so good. :)
kenny1703

Post by kenny1703 »

[quote="jenniwhittaker"]I am always interested in what people are reading right now.... I always read something for fun and something to learn from.

Just finished 'The Great Gatsby' for fun, and 'The Little Book Of Thrift' to learn from.

Both were under $20 and both were fab reads.[/quote]

i'm reading Larry Levin & His Trading Secret at Larrysbook .com. Larry Levin made $1,900,336.82 Trading Commodities, is one of the best options trading books around. Books on commodities can be hard to understand but Larrys commodities book will help you on the right path to becoming a more profitable commodities trader.
Vireo

Post by Vireo »

Ok, so i finished rereading The Gormenghast Trilogy, and then the story "Boy in Darkness."
Just finished Autumn of the Patriarch and have moved on to Leaf Strom and other Stories, all by Marquez who i've not read in a few decades, either.
Of course, that's in addition to at least 3 books in the bathroom, rereading textbooks, the occasional short story online . . . whew!
atrixa

Post by atrixa »

I'm reading Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig. It's a recent version of Gone with the Wind from Rhett's point of view.

Anyone know if there's a name for that genre?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Groucho Marx
US comedian with Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)
Kylexxx

Post by Kylexxx »

I am about halfway through Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. After I think I will read Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins.
Melanie Jeffree

Post by Melanie Jeffree »

Im currently reading Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy part one. Just got to the question and i now know the answer to the everything. Loving it although a little bizarre think i may need to come back to it a few times to get it.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King. I read The Gunslinger and thought it was just ok, but the second book of the series is MUCH better so far! :P :D
Trystne

Post by Trystne »

fallen Kingdom by Christyne Sandher
bookfanforever

Post by bookfanforever »

I'm reading Slam by Nick Hornby almost done with the book though, I got like 20 pgs left. Next book that I'm going to read is Too Close To Home by Linwood Barclay. I recommend Slam to anyone who wants to read about a point of view of a teenager and his pregnant girlfriend.[/list]
Ace Peters

Post by Ace Peters »

Just finished "the shack" by William Young - awesome!

Now onto "Agartha and the Hidden Chapter" by Robyn M. Wilde - give you my reviews soon!
icandoit

Post by icandoit »

the burning girl mark billingham

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”