What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Fran »

After the intensity of Ghostwritten I need something slightly less demanding so next up for me is All That I Am by Anna Funder
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Geneen Karstens
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Geneen Karstens »

Broken Harbor by Tana French
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Geneen Karstens wrote:Broken Harbor by Tana French
Hearing good things about that book - I'll be interested to read your opinion Geneen
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
wendyk90

Post by wendyk90 »

the island by michael stark. it is a five book series and so far i am hooked on book 3 in the series.the first 3 books are free and the last 2 are only 1 dollar each.not bad for a book

wendyk90
omshanti 1
Favorite Author: J K Rowling
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omshanti-1.html
Latest Review: "Jagged Little Edges" by Lorelie Rozzano

Post by omshanti 1 »

I usually have 6 or 7 books on the go at once, depends on what mood I'm in what I want to read...right now I am working on Unwrapped (a sexy Christmas anthology, fiction), 12 Shades of Surrender (erotica), Ecoholic Body (green living), 29 Gifts (inspiration), Debt Free Forever (personal finance), The Astonishing Power Of Emotions (self help), and Imperfect Justice (True Crime)....:)
Latest Review: "Jagged Little Edges" by Lorelie Rozzano
Cadara
Favorite Author: Cant Choose
Favorite Book: Yet to find one

Post by Cadara »

currently addicted to the Kelley Armstrong books.
Supernatura type theme

only female werewolf in the world and she is kicking butt
great story and thankfully she is a real werewolf (none of that twilight sparkly stuff in here)
;^)
(im on the lookout for suggestions plz x)
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

That kind of werewolf story is unusual for these days. Nowdays werewolves and vampires are misunderstood no one understands me characters. I like the old classics where those creatures were nasty evil blood suckers and didnt care who knew it. Ive never read many werewolf and vampire books except the old standbys, Dracula and Carmilla and Sabine Baring-Goulds Book of Werewolves.

-- Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm --

That kind of werewolf story is unusual for these days. Nowdays werewolves and vampires are misunderstood no one understands me characters. I like the old classics where those creatures were nasty evil blood suckers and didnt care who knew it. Ive never read many werewolf and vampire books except the old standbys, Dracula and Carmilla and Sabine Baring-Goulds Book of Werewolves.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
huuan17

Post by huuan17 »

i'm reading everything To Huu written ! i love him
A24

Post by A24 »

I'm going to start listening to "When Crickets Cry" by Charles Martin.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
camilegordon

Post by camilegordon »

Gannon wrote:Hey there. :) Just finished reading "The white tiger" by Aravind Adiga (bit disappointing). Am now reading "Moby Dick" and "Midnight's Children".
moby dick is amazng. . .a real page turner and if u have ever visted Nantucket its great to see and feel the environment herman talks about. . . . midnight children though !! wow that was just plain weired and confusing. . . had to put it down after 60 pages. salman talks better than he writes in my judgment.

-- 05 Dec 2012, 08:57 --

anyone up for something a little bit lighter ?? theres a lot of heavt hitter book worms blogging here. Im reading Red dwarf :) not exactly kafker but damn funny and a nice contrast. . . .
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I started Curiosities of Olden Times by Sabine Baring-Gould. I read the first chapter last night, it was about strange burial customs around the world. Fascinating so far.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Redlegs
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

I have just finished A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz - a great debut novel and very funny. It reminded me a bit of A Confederacy of Dunces with Australian humour and not quite as good. But definitely well worth the read.

I am now moving on to a book a co-worker lent me - Jim Synes, My Story (an autobiography written with assistance). This is probably going to mean nothing except to followers of Irish and/or Australian Rules football. Jim was a great footballer and a great man, regardless of which team you follow and someone whose life ended way too soon through the ravages of cancer.

-- 06 Dec 2012, 05:31 --
camilegordon wrote:
Gannon wrote:Hey there. :) Just finished reading "The white tiger" by Aravind Adiga (bit disappointing). Am now reading "Moby Dick" and "Midnight's Children".
moby dick is amazng. . .a real page turner and if u have ever visted Nantucket its great to see and feel the environment herman talks about. . . . midnight children though !! wow that was just plain weired and confusing. . . had to put it down after 60 pages. salman talks better than he writes in my judgment.

-- 05 Dec 2012, 08:57 --

anyone up for something a little bit lighter ?? theres a lot of heavt hitter book worms blogging here. Im reading Red dwarf :) not exactly kafker but damn funny and a nice contrast. . . .
I'm gunna have to take exception @camilegordon with your views on Midnight's Children. :) This is my second favourite book of all time - an absolute masterpiece. Did you know that it won the Booker of Bookers after 25 years of the Booker Prize and again after 40 years?

Also I take exception with @Gannon describing The White Tiger as 'disappointing'. How could you?? :)
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
happybook8

Post by happybook8 »

Tripwire by Lee Child. I am reading his series of Jack Reacher, in order. Just started it, but it's looking good, so far.
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

Starting The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
htddubai

Post by htddubai »

I am not reading at the moment

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”