What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
AmyG_booklover
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by AmyG_booklover »

Hi guys (newbie alert)!!

I am reading Wicked Beauty by Susan Lewis ... Hooked!!!
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

I'm reading Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon. It's absolutely amazing, and I'm glad I stumbled across it at the library.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
steph_hill99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-hill99.html

Post by steph_hill99 »

I just finished the Atlantis Gene and about to start the 2nd book of that series.
browndi3
Favorite Book: Annie's Song
Currently Reading: His Impetuous Debutante
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browndi3.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by browndi3 »

Right now, I am reading a book by Elizabeth Johns call Surrender The Past. Its a historical romance that takes place in 1814, during the War of 1812, between America and Great Britain. Right now I am a quarter of a way through the book, but will return with a review after I am finish.
RGarcia151171

Post by RGarcia151171 »

I am reading the first installment of George R.R Martin Song of Ice and Fire and I love this book more then the t.v series because it is so detailed!
Deniseburdette1994
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onsbane</a>
Currently Reading: Salem's Lot
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deniseburdette1994.html
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by Deniseburdette1994 »

I am now reading part 3 of the dust lands...raging star i just finished rebel heart...i know its a book series that they read in middle school but its an awesome series the way its written not only puts u in the mind of first person but the way its worded and spelled also puts u right in the story...the back of it has a list of discussion questions too...i usually go over them bc they really make me think of the story...for anyone interested dust lands serues in order...blood red road...rebel heart...raging star all by moira young check em out guys
Margaret 2584
Currently Reading: On Basilisk Station
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-margaret-2584.html

Post by Margaret 2584 »

andwithpatience wrote:Currently reading The Dark Elf trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
It's my first time reading anything by Salvatore. I might be hooked. :shock:
Slightly off-topic comment: that emoticon is hilarious!

I'm reading a number of books, like a lot of people here, I read different books for different reasons: I'm reading The Music Instinct by Philip Ball as my relaxing reading (I read a lot of non-fiction), and I'm reading two books on the mystery cults of Greece and Rome because I'm creating a religion in my story based on them.

I love this thread - I'm getting so many ideas for books to read!
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

Last night I started The Hours by Michael Cunningham, which won both the Pulitzer Prize and Pen/Faulkner Awards in 1999. It is the author's homage to Virginia Woolf and her novel, Mrs Dalloway. Very impressive so far.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
Peterloom

Post by Peterloom »

Hi everyone, I'm new so I've been checking out the forums to see what I can find to read.

Right now I'm reading a book for a new author a friend told me about. The author is M.R. Chavez. Looks like he is just getting started with writing books. The book is called The Last Umbra.

It's pretty entertaining and something I would never think of. It's an Adventure, action-thriller. It is focused on the admiration for the Japanese warrior class. This book tells of not a pride filled Samurai, but instead, a ninja assassin on a quest in gold-rush era California.
ginamccullough
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginamccullough.html

Post by ginamccullough »

I am almost done with overfall by David Dun. I didn't think I was going to like it and it turned out I couldn't put it down!
DaintyFlower7
Currently Reading: The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daintyflower7.html
Latest Review: "Strange" by Mark Taylor
Publishing Contest Votes: 33

Post by DaintyFlower7 »

One of my greatest joys in life is discovering a new author with a huge back catalog, and my most recent discovery is Michael Koryta. I'm going back to the beginning and just started reading his first book, Tonight I Said Goodbye, which was an Edgar Award Finalist. His pacing is wonderful and he manages to paint a vivid picture without detracting from the main action of the story. It amazes me how quickly he can make me care about his characters, even when I'm only a few chapters in. I am looking forward to a very long relationship with Michael and plan to spend many fall and winter nights curled up in bed with him.

DF7
Latest Review: "Strange" by Mark Taylor
JamiexLynn
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamiexlynn.html

Post by JamiexLynn »

Dixi wrote:Hello, You may think that I may be too late here but to tell you I am on my second day reading "Harry Potter Book 1" :lol: , I watched all it's movies. But I think right now the book is more interesting, well, all of us would like to see audio visual effects on that movie, but I think my brain is more imaginative while reading this book :lol: , any suggestions what books more interesting to read? Thanks anyway.

------------------
TradeYourAsset

I'm currently on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! I am unsure how I ever made it this far in life without reading them, but I am loving them. I finally gave in when a teacher donated a set of the books to the school library that I work in and several students told me that I had to read them.
cowboy1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowboy1.html

Post by cowboy1 »

At this time I am reading The Profit by Kahil Gibran. The book is written in prose. I have never read a book that I would describe as beautiful until now. Just reading the book could put you in a state of serenity.
ylisa7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

I am reading The Picture of Dorian Gray for a buddy read.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
Musingsweb
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musingsweb.html

Post by Musingsweb »

I'm currently reading Bellman and Black, by Diane Setterfield.

I find myself really engaged by this book, it's the second I've read by this author and while not as compelling as The Thirteenth Tale, it's definitely worth the read.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”