What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Sakuko
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Sakuko »

I've started on "Für immer und Sushi" (Forever and sushi), chick lit about a German women going to Japan as a nanny/au pair without any knowledge in Japanese to teach some toddlers German, who ends up making friends with a half Japanese/German girl who helps people in intercultural relationships understand each other better.
Primrose
Currently Reading: The Rottweiler
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Primrose »

I'm reading "The Cold, Cold Ground" by Adrian McKinty. It's a really good thriller.
Lynns 864
Currently Reading: Below the belt
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lynns 864 »

i am reading Will Tanner by williama dn J.A. Johnstone
ashleyjosnyder
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleyjosnyder.html

Post by ashleyjosnyder »

Hello! I am new to this forum. This is my first post, and what better place to start than what I am reading right now! Right now I am reading "What Lies Between Us". Next on deck is "The Girl On The Train". I know like everyone else in the whole world has already read it, but I'm just getting to it!
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I started Devil and the Bluebird by Jennifer Mason Black
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
ksherryf
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksherryf.html

Post by ksherryf »

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde currently occupies my spare time. I should have read it long ago, but it has never been high on my "To-Read" list for whatever reason.
Morgan_S_K

Post by Morgan_S_K »

I just started reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. It keeps appearing on every list of books is enjoy, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not sure why it's taken me years to pick it up because I'm really enjoying it!
the_amazing_poet22

Post by the_amazing_poet22 »

You guys I read this great book of poetry titled 21 Ages of Sampson on amazon you guys should check it out I loved it man :D

-- 28 Jun 2016, 17:20 --

You guys I read this great book of poetry titled 21 Ages of Sampson on amazon you guys should check it out I loved it man :D
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

I am about to start Fishing In the Styx by Ruth Park, which is the second volume of her autobiography.

I read the first part, A Fence Around the Cuckoo, which deals with her early life in New Zealand before migrating to Australia, last year and found it quite charming (just like her fiction writing).

This second volume deals with her marriage to Darcy Niland, raising a family and the married couple embarking on their parallel writing careers.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
MarchMan314
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marchman314.html

Post by MarchMan314 »

I am actually reading "Little Women" right now. Yeah, may be a children's book classic, but it's a goodie. :)
Danielleheck01
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Danielleheck01 »

Just finished reading the constant princess. Love historical fiction
Bryden_Searle
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bryden-searle.html

Post by Bryden_Searle »

Currently Reading: "Keep the Aspidistra Flying" (by George Orwell)

As is likely the case with many people, I discovered George Orwell upon being introduced to his more famous works such as "Animal Farm" and "1984". I found his books to speak with an untampered truthfulness and it soon became apparent that Orwell himself had a gift for clarity. This led to a search for anything produced by this legendary thinker of the modern age. As a result, I gradually stumbled upon his earlier novels, and fell in love with each one. Seven Orwell novels down the line, I'm here at the last page of "Keep the Aspidistra Flying" feeling high at the sublime injection of enlightenment into a life that often seems drab and uneventful.

A thoroughly good read, I recommend it to all
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

Bryden_Searle wrote:Currently Reading: "Keep the Aspidistra Flying" (by George Orwell)

As is likely the case with many people, I discovered George Orwell upon being introduced to his more famous works such as "Animal Farm" and "1984". I found his books to speak with an untampered truthfulness and it soon became apparent that Orwell himself had a gift for clarity. This led to a search for anything produced by this legendary thinker of the modern age. As a result, I gradually stumbled upon his earlier novels, and fell in love with each one. Seven Orwell novels down the line, I'm here at the last page of "Keep the Aspidistra Flying" feeling high at the sublime injection of enlightenment into a life that often seems drab and uneventful.

I heartily support your recommendation. Keep the Aspidistra Flying was a wonderful read.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

I am reading Taking Flight by Adrian Magnusun. Really enjoying it. The characters are an odd bunch. A young (12) boy is sent to live with his bipolar mother while his father is away...he's part of Doctors Without Borders. He arrives in New York and his mother leaves him in baggage claim while she goes off to get a drink (she hasn't taken her meds). In the meantime a retired professor who has onset dementia arrives at the airport, the boy and he get together and go off together. It is a very entertaining read. Going back to it now.
Primrose
Currently Reading: The Rottweiler
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Primrose »

Bryden_Searle wrote:Currently Reading: "Keep the Aspidistra Flying" (by George Orwell)

Hello there. My favourite Orwell novel is "Coming up for Air". I re read it often.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”