What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
emodash
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emodash.html

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by emodash »

I"m currently reading Haunting life. Well, it's not literally a book.I just got it from Fanfiction Of Ghost Hunt.
Eve-Olsen2005
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eve-olsen2005.html

Post by Eve-Olsen2005 »

I am almost finished with Mute by Piers Anthony, again! Copyrighted in 1981, it is a book I read as a young teen and and it is still enjoyable 20 years later. Isn't it weird how some things stick with you and you wind up carrying them with you throughout your life? That's how this book is! I kind of never really put it down :)
BookFever
Favorite Book: I could not possibly choose.
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfever.html
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier

Post by BookFever »

Stormbringers by Philippa Gregory. It's her second book in her Order of Darkness series -a YA historical fiction series. I wasn't thrilled with the first book but I am hoping this one will be better!
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier
luvmybooks619
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luvmybooks619.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by luvmybooks619 »

Just started reading Silkworm by Gailbraith (J.K.Rowling).....slow beginning on this as was with the Cuckoo's Calling...
Chilispree
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chilispree.html

Post by Chilispree »

Currently reading the glass castle by jeannette walls. I don't love it, though I've heard a lot of people do.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Starting Daddy Love by Joyce Carol Oates
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
bradj12

Post by bradj12 »

I am currently reading Peter Pan for the first time, and it's been pretty good so far.
unearthlywtch
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unearthlywtch.html

Post by unearthlywtch »

Right now I am reading The Wicked Game by Olivia Fuller.
booklover24

Post by booklover24 »

I am reading a book called Ember Island by: Kimberley Freeman who also wrote Wildflower Hill and Lighthouse Bay. I would love to read the second book I talked about.
zedie12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zedie12.html

Post by zedie12 »

Currently reading The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Heidi76
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: Dead Until Dark
Bookshelf Size: 196

Post by Heidi76 »

Just finished Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman (clever and funny imo) , now starting Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night. Until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade. All shall fade. All shall fade. /JRR Tolkien, Peregrin Took
actopan55

Post by actopan55 »

just finished The Legend of Juan Miguel by Anna K. Sargent. Started out pretty dry, but picked up interest about 30% into the book. Was light reading, enjoyable. Sections not plausible, or believable given the time period in which it is set. I am a Zorro fan, and ultimately the male lead's story was very similar to that of Zorro. It was pleasant reading, and it is worth reading once.

-- 20 Aug 2014, 12:38 --

Finished Kidnapped Cowboy by Lindsy . Standard romance, but well written. Basically same old story line (boy gets girl) but with a twist that reflects the times. I really enjoyed it, was a nice break.

-- 20 Aug 2014, 12:42 --

Murder is a Family Business by Heather Haven is a story about a PI. Loved the story line, very witty and entertaining. Worth the download. Well that's it, read 3-4 books a week, let's see what I find to read this week
booklovingolfer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Post by booklovingolfer »

I am currently reading the Lizzy Garder Series by T.R. Ragan. There are four books in the series and I have just started reading the 4th book "Obsessed." Lizzy Gardner is a private investigator who was kidnapped by a serial killer and fought her way to freedom. She has to deal with the struggles of moving on with her life while catching serial killers. The author is very vivid in her descriptions and most readers will may find the books disturbing to read due to child rape, gory scenes and much more. If you can handle watching Law and Order Special Victims than these books are for you.
actopan55

Post by actopan55 »

I love Patricia Cornwell's series with Dr. Scarpetta, forensic mystery, Catherine Coulter's series of FBI thrillers and Robin Cook's medical mystery series. Am going to try T.R. Ragan's Lizzy Garder series. Thank you.
animalgirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animalgirl.html

Post by animalgirl »

She's Not There by Marla Madison. I'm reading it on my Kindle Touch and am about half through it. I love it and hope to review it after I finish.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”