What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
JCinATL
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by JCinATL »

I've been reading books about work-related topics (Internet, communciations, etc.) instead of novels because my attention span is shot (so much for trying to read Dickens). And also because I had such a bad experience on "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. How do you decide what to read next after that?
cbmatte07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cbmatte07.html

Post by cbmatte07 »

My current book in hand is Tales of the Impossible-David Copperfield. The author alone intrigued me to look deeper between the covers. What I have discovered so far is a series of short-stories with an introduction from Mr Copperfield at the beginning of each one. A message from Dean Koontz (another favourite author of mine) indulging in the theory that an authors mechanism in creating a story for readers is similar to illusion, magic. I encourage you to read for yourself and dertermine if you feel the same.
abhaavni

Post by abhaavni »

Right now reading "Discover your destiny" by Robin Sharma........another great piece to discover your inner peace.....atleast till the time you really convert those mere readings into some action...!

Happy Reading!
pandatoco

Post by pandatoco »

Hiya! I'm currently reading the manga "Chobits book 1". So far it's pretty interesting. ^_^
jennyw2015

Post by jennyw2015 »

"Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert and I'm loving it so far. I didn't know there was a movie until long after I had started.
Alkalune

Post by Alkalune »

Lay me out softly by Francesca Lia Block on kindle

and

Starry night by David Levy
Heidi76
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: Dead Until Dark
Bookshelf Size: 196

Post by Heidi76 »

Crusade by Robyn Young, second book in the trilogy, an ok read.
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night. Until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade. All shall fade. All shall fade. /JRR Tolkien, Peregrin Took
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

The Innocents by Francesca Segal.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
denise_burke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by denise_burke »

Mineko: Book of Sisters
novemberdays14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novemberdays14.html

Post by novemberdays14 »

I am currently reading Seven Years in Tibet. I had bought the book at Borders right before it closed and I was perusing my book shelf to read a book I haven't read yet and I found Seven Years in Tibet. I am almost halfway through it.
jdheevee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdheevee.html

Post by jdheevee »

The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time by Mark Haddon

It's for school, but it is interesting to see the point of view of an autistic protagonist.
canste02
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-canste02.html

Post by canste02 »

I just recently finished The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm thinking of rereading The Giver, which I recently found out may be a trilogy as well. I'd be nervous to read the rest of the series if that's true. Anyone know anything about it?
anahyy_t
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anahyy-t.html

Post by anahyy_t »

Today i went to the library and looked for a good book to read. I came across a book by Andrew Klavan called The long way home. I had not notice but its actually book two. I had only read the first four chapters. But so far its very interesting and mysteries. Hopefully i get to read the book tomorrow.
ac9726
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ac9726.html

Post by ac9726 »

Right now I cam currently reading looking for alaska by John Green
pagenumber394
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pagenumber394.html

Post by pagenumber394 »

the uglies by scott westerfield

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”