What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
jillyshub52+
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Stand
Currently Reading: Revival
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillyshub52.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by jillyshub52+ »

TammyO wrote:Finishing The Art of Racing in the Rain; then I will start Snow Child.
I will read The Art of Racing in the Rain and Snow Child right after I read Stephen King's Revival. :P
nsharpes
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nsharpes.html

Post by nsharpes »

Golden Son (The Red Rising Trilogy #2) by Pierce Brown. I received it from the publisher as an e-arc and I am really enjoying it so far.
Aivlys
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivlys.html

Post by Aivlys »

Currently reading the last book (Shattered) of the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne and searching for what series to start next. If you enjoyed Dresden Files by Jim Butcher or like reading stories with the old gods in a modern setting, I highly recommend reading these.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

nsharpes wrote:Golden Son (The Red Rising Trilogy #2) by Pierce Brown. I received it from the publisher as an e-arc and I am really enjoying it so far.
Lucky you! I loved the first book and will certainly read the second book.

-- December 19th, 2014, 7:18 am --
Aivlys wrote:Currently reading the last book (Shattered) of the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne and searching for what series to start next. If you enjoyed Dresden Files by Jim Butcher or like reading stories with the old gods in a modern setting, I highly recommend reading these.
This series is on my reading list. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Sarita Everson
Currently Reading: Lover Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarita-everson.html

Post by Sarita Everson »

Chloe Neill - Chicago vampires
Juliana Stone - Jaguar hunters
Eliza Knight - Stolen bride series
IrumZahra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irumzahra.html

Post by IrumZahra »

I am reading 'The lost Symbol' by Dan Brown again. I love this book. All characters portray such details in their own world.
Elinor
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elinor.html
Latest Review: "Love for Two" by Stacey Haga

Post by Elinor »

I'm currently rereading The Princess Bride.
Latest Review: "Love for Two" by Stacey Haga
aSquared
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asquared.html

Post by aSquared »

I am reading "Letters from Home" by Kristina McMorris. I'm only on page 26 but I can tell that I will like it! Set place during WWII.

-- 19 Dec 2014, 11:02 --
Elinor wrote:I'm currently rereading The Princess Bride.
Such a great book, Elinor! I couldn't believe how much "extra" there was in the book that wasn't in the movie. Although I guess I shouldn't have been surprised - that is usually the case!
Happily Candied
Favorite Author: Keith Donohue
Favorite Book: The Stolen Child
Currently Reading: Harry Potter
fav_author_id: 5212

Post by Happily Candied »

After numerous attempts to read the Harry Potter series throughout my teen years and adulthood, I've finally delved farther into the books than I ever have before. I started The Sorcerer's Stone around Thanksgiving and I'll begin reading The Order of the Phoenix this weekend.

I returned from my second wonderful trip to The Wizarding World in November and realized I had no good excuse when it came to not reading the entire series. The vacation was the perfect motivation to finally do it!
pageturnerreviews
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pageturnerreviews.html

Post by pageturnerreviews »

I am currently reading "Dash and Lily's Book of Dares" by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. For months I have been pressured into reading a David Levithan novel and for months I refused. I have never been that entertained by contemporary novels, but I decided to pick it up since it is now Christmas time. I am only 84 pages in but I understand why it has such high reviews.
Carla Hurst-Chandler
Favorite Author: Pirzig
Favorite Book: Zen and the Art...
Currently Reading: The Lost Landscape
Bookshelf Size: 124

Post by Carla Hurst-Chandler »

What I know for Sure. By Oprah Winfrey
“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
RabiyaJ

Post by RabiyaJ »

I am currently reading "I am Pilgrim" by Terry Hayes. I'm done with around 400 pages, and have plunged so deep into the mystery i need to take breaks to resurface :p but can few people agree here that its very "Americans-are-good-samaritans" kind of fiction?
ylisa7
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

I just finished The Snow Child. What a sweet story based on a fairytale about an old childless couple who end up with a snow child in the Alaskan wilderness during the 1920's. I loved it. Easy 4 out of 5 but now one of my favorites.

Next up Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.

-- 20 Dec 2014, 09:33 --
TammyO wrote:Finishing The Art of Racing in the Rain; then I will start Snow Child.
I loved both of those :)
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
cmp librarian
Favorite Author: Karren Hancock
Favorite Book: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmp-librarian.html
Latest Review: "My Beautiful Life" by Susie Barry

Post by cmp librarian »

I currently have three books that I'm reading. Two of them have been nominated for the upcoming Blue Hen Award (Delaware's Children's Choice Award). I'm on the committee that evaluates the nominations and narrows the selection down to about 5-6 books. The Blue Hen Books are:
The Poem Depot - Aisles of Smiles By Douglas Florian
Three Times Lucky By Sheila Turnage
the other book is my adult pick and I'm listening to it on audio. It's called - The Spirit Bridge by James L. Rubart

All three are pretty good so far. The Spirit Bridge is part of a trilogy and I'm excited to see how it's going to conclude. I love reading children's poems, they are so whimsical and care-free. Three Times Lucky is probably my least favorite right now.... I'm just not into the story or plot.
Latest Review: "My Beautiful Life" by Susie Barry
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Im still on The Cthuhlu Mythos by August Derleth. Its almost 1000 pages, hope to finish it this next week.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”