What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Anuradha Verma
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuradha-verma.html

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Anuradha Verma »

Village School by Miss Read.
alilykat
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alilykat.html

Post by alilykat »

The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout is my current read, Incredibly interesting
maddi_higgins
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddi-higgins.html

Post by maddi_higgins »

I'm reading Paper Towns by John Green. It never really interested me but I got dragged along to see the movie and the movie was so well made and it gave me another view on life so I thought I should read it.
MadelynNicole
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4">Ender's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madelynnicole.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MadelynNicole »

I'm currently reading Folk of the Fringe by Orson Scott Card. I'm not enjoying it as much as his other books, but I'm hoping it will redeem itself at the end.
sadya
Favorite Book: Too many to name 1.
Currently Reading: Too many to name them all.

Post by sadya »

'Oorlogsmythen' [War myths] by Ewoud Kieft.

Trying to find the truth between opposing views of the role of the Dutch in the Second World War, being that of self sacrificing heroes or it being a coïncidence if one became a hero, a good for nothing bystander, a coward or a traitor on the side of Nazi Germany. And how the ever changing views about these issues influence the current society regarding many various political and non-political issues.
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling's pseudonym)
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barney56

Post by Barney56 »

bluemel4 wrote:The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling's pseudonym)
I read that..very enjoyable..also read the 2nd one (the Silkworm)..there should be a 3rd before long..I like the main character..interesting. I like my heroes to have problems and flaws..and not to be very heroic. :D
bluemel4
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

Barney56 wrote:
bluemel4 wrote:The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling's pseudonym)
I read that..very enjoyable..also read the 2nd one (the Silkworm)..there should be a 3rd before long..I like the main character..interesting. I like my heroes to have problems and flaws..and not to be very heroic. :D
@Barney56 I am having a hard time getting into it. There is something about the pacing or rhythm that I am struggling with.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
YoungersX2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngersx2.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by YoungersX2 »

I am in between books right now and I feel lost! I need to find a new one soon! :)
erasmus
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

I'm reading Born in Ice by Nora Roberts.

I feel like I've been reading a lot of her books lately, if I'm not a fan of her books already...
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
cap78
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by cap78 »

Have recently finished the Harry Potter series, and currently reading The Hunger Games
ylisa7
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

alilykat wrote:The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout is my current read, Incredibly interesting
That was good.

This week I have 3 books going at the same time.

I got busy and still need to finish The Locket I like it so far.

Yesterday I started a group read. Mudbound by Hilary Jordan. I like the style it is written in. Each person has their own chapters and you get to hear their point of view. It is good and I am waiting to see where it goes.
"In Jordan's prize-winning debut, prejudice takes many forms, both subtle and brutal. It is 1946, and city-bred Laura McAllan is trying to raise her children on her husband's Mississippi Delta farm―a place she finds foreign and frightening. In the midst of the family's struggles, two young men return from the war to work the land. Jamie McAllan, Laura's brother-in-law, is everything her husband is not―charming, handsome, and haunted by his memories of combat. Ronsel Jackson, eldest son of the black sharecroppers who live on the McAllan farm, has come home with the shine of a war hero. But no matter his bravery in defense of his country, he is still considered less than a man in the Jim Crow South. It is the unlikely friendship of these brothers-in-arms that drives this powerful novel to its inexorable conclusion."

And my next buddy read is The Coffin Dancer by Jeffrey Deaver. It's the second book in the series.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
Chris_B
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-b.html

Post by Chris_B »

Just finished the A Perfect Secret Series by Zoe Dawson. Truly enjoyed all three books.
Heidi76
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: Dead Until Dark
Bookshelf Size: 196

Post by Heidi76 »

Assassin's Creed: Renaissance by Oliver Bowden
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night. Until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade. All shall fade. All shall fade. /JRR Tolkien, Peregrin Took
see_nicole_read
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Swamplandia!
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-nicole-read.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by see_nicole_read »

I am currently reading Andy Cohen's first book about his life and starting at Bravo, I definitely needed a light read after Kite Runner. Kite Runner easily moved into my top 10 books, but I need a recovery period from it!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”