What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Youngish-Adult
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngish-adult.html

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Youngish-Adult »

Windwitch by Susan Dennard. Was just released last week. It's the sequel to Truthwitch, a YA fantasy book about two best friends with magic. Was easily one of my 2016 top reads. Highly recommend!!
Athena2017
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena2017.html

Post by Athena2017 »

I am reading Blood Sins By Kay Hooper Love her psychic FBI series
mrsdeg1983
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsdeg1983.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mrsdeg1983 »

I am reading the Marked series by Kim Richardson. right now and on the last book.
By Bengali Girl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-by-bengali-girl.html

Post by By Bengali Girl »

Does an Audiobook count? Is yes, then I am listening to The Vatican Princess!
Brea_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brea-21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Brea_21 »

It is always fun to see what others are reading because then it gives you ideas and then if you are really interested then talking to the person about the book may potentially lead to a new book idea for you!! I am currently reading the third book in the Throne of Glass series by Sara J Mass. This series is all about adventure and magic. I love teen books and will pick up just about anything!!
booknerd_17
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by booknerd_17 »

I am currently reading Sunset, the first book of the NightLord series by Garon Whited.
Lucy Kelly
Currently Reading: The Brendan Voyage
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-kelly.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Lucy Kelly »

I just started Little Talks with God by Catherine of Siena. I have only gotten a few pages in, but am already struck by how someone, a saint no less, living in the 1300s, can be so relatable.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Damon_avi
Currently Reading: Lost spirits
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damon-avi.html

Post by Damon_avi »

Well, i am reading the Darke Academy series by gabrielle poole!!
And I will say this about the series.
The first book Secret lives will make you feel so good that you won't be able to put the book down.
Second book Blood ties would be a great read
The third book Divided souls though.. Ugh.. You kind of would want to skip the pages here and there and you will be left with many unanswered questions
And the fourth book Lost spirits ,well the last book will hopefully be enlightening :p
Cuz I am going to read the last book of the series now!!
Lets see !!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Starting The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Band Of Brothers by Steven Ambrose.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
kimmiwrites
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmiwrites.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by kimmiwrites »

I'm reading White Oleander. I've read it twice already and watched the movie. Were any of you disappointed with the movie?
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
power_in_words
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-in-words.html

Post by power_in_words »

Just finished Scythe by Neal Shusterman, a sci-fi novel involving a post-mortal utopia and the order of assassins who bring death to the immortal people of the world.

Currently reading And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich, a creepy psychological horror novel.
SandraH
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandrah.html

Post by SandraH »

I am currently reading All The Light We Cannot See. I have had this book for a long time but am just not reading it.
ablume
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ablume.html

Post by ablume »

Harry Potter, regrettably for the first time. I'm currently on the order of the phoenix and began the series last weekend. So far they have been fantastic, I definitely understand why they are so popular. I wish I had gotten around to them earlier so I could spend more time enjoying them.
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Post by cjohns105 »

I always have multiple books going at once. I'm doing some reference reading for a project and the book in that stack that I am currently working through is called Stone Voices: The Search for Scotland by Neal Ascherson. Nonfiction, of course. I am also rereading The Children of Men by P.D. James for like the fifth time. The last one that I am reading for kicks is Fluent in 3 Months: How Anyone at Any Age Can Learn to Speak Any Language from Anywhere in the World by Benny Lewis; I've been learning Arabic and Mandarin for years now and I am kind of obsessed with any kind of polyglot related writing or literature. :techie-studyingbrown:

-- 22 Jan 2017, 20:37 --
ablume wrote:Harry Potter, regrettably for the first time. I'm currently on the order of the phoenix and began the series last weekend. So far they have been fantastic, I definitely understand why they are so popular. I wish I had gotten around to them earlier so I could spend more time enjoying them.
Those books are definitely an experience to be had. I think even people who don't particularly like them could probably concede to that point. I think this year will actually be the 20th Anniversary of when Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was first published. I got it for Christmas that year and have been a willing slave to the series and world of HP ever since. Happy Reading to you!!
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”