What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Keegan_110
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keegan-110.html

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Keegan_110 »

I'm reading The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann! It's a very interesting series that delves into the world of Quill, where everyone is artistic and has artistic powers! It's a very good series, if anyone is looking for a good Fantasy YA series. 7 books 10/10. I recommend it!
vickicook2010
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickicook2010.html

Post by vickicook2010 »

Elizabeth is missing by Emma Healer

It's an interesting novel based around an elderly woman who as a girl her sister went missing and now as an older lady one of her friends has also gone missing. All while fitting demencia to figure out what has happened to her friend.
nitebyrd44
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nitebyrd44.html
Latest Review: "Raw Food Diet For Beginners" by Ross Contreras

Post by nitebyrd44 »

I made a pact with myself to read all the Harry Potter books this month. I don't think I'll quite finish them by the end of August but I am now reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I love the books, I love the characters, and I love the themes of loyalty, friendship, personal sacrifice for others, etc. As I finish each book, I watch the movie that goes along with it. Although I've seen all the movies multiple times, watching each one after reading the book really enhances my enjoyment of the movie!
Latest Review: "Raw Food Diet For Beginners" by Ross Contreras
Nomis_Reads
Currently Reading: Snatchers: Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomis-reads.html

Post by Nomis_Reads »

Currently reading Snatchers: Book 3 by Shaun Whittington. It's part of his zombie/dystopian series called "The Zombie Apocalypse Series." Not very original, but not bad so far. I've been on a dystopian kick for the past several months, and this is one of many available on Amazon for a really low price.
Iris2992
Currently Reading: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear"
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iris2992.html

Post by Iris2992 »

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child right now. I was pretty excited about reading the script for me being a complete potterhead ! But I'm not finding the book appealing somehow ! I almost feel like I'm reading a fan-fiction and mind you there are some fanfics like 'isolation' by Bex-chan which seem so real that this books/script doesn't stand out in front of them. I really wish it had been more interesting !
con525
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-con525.html

Post by con525 »

The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles By Marianne Williamson. Such a divine book with many nuggets of wisdom.
Margoth90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-margoth90.html

Post by Margoth90 »

I'm reading a book called "Curse the Day" by Zachary koala Hardison. I won this book through a book giveaway on Instagram. So far, it's been an exciting read.
rovet
Currently Reading: We Are the Ants
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rovet.html
Latest Review: "Pale Bricks" by K. L. Stein

Post by rovet »

Just finished A Little Knowledge by Emma Newman. I love her books! Can't wait for the next one.
Latest Review: "Pale Bricks" by K. L. Stein
Mimi7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi7.html

Post by Mimi7 »

The Negro Problem by Booker T. Washington
Tabitha_Goulart
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabitha-goulart.html

Post by Tabitha_Goulart »

Hi everyone,

Right now I am reading Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I just started it today on my lunch break at work and was only able to get in about 20 pages.

It's too soon to say whether or not I'm going to be hooked, but I am interested so far.

-Tabitha
MischieF-26

Post by MischieF-26 »

I just finished Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, which I have conflicting feelings about, and have now started to reread The Prince And The Pligrim by Mary Stewart.
ameno8907
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ameno8907.html

Post by ameno8907 »

I had a Harry Potter movie marathon with my boyfriend a couple months ago and decided that I wanted to read the books so I could know all the details. I found the full 7 book set, in really good condition, for $30 on ebay and am currently on "The Goblet of Fire"
deedeemarie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deedeemarie.html

Post by deedeemarie »

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I saw the movie and knew I had to read the book. It took the book three months on hold to finally be shipped to my library. It was quick read, and it was a lot like the movie.
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

I'm a fan of spam. It a pretty fun book. It tells you all the behind the scenes on America's favorite foods. It's actually very interesting despite the name since I'm not a fan of spam.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Tabitha_Goulart wrote:Hi everyone,

Right now I am reading Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I just started it today on my lunch break at work and was only able to get in about 20 pages.

It's too soon to say whether or not I'm going to be hooked, but I am interested so far.

-Tabitha
Hi Tabitha, I read "The Girl on the Train" not that long ago and really enjoyed it. I hope you like it as well. :)

I am just about to start rereading "The Twelve" by Justin Cronin. The second book in his "Passage" trilogy.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”