What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
griff15
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-griff15.html

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by griff15 »

I am currently reading the Mary Poppins- The Complete Collection. I am in love with this book. It paints a vivid picture of Mary Poppins story. I actually love this book better then the movie. The reason for that is the movie leaves out a lot of things that the book has in it. I feel like when I am reading this book that I am actually part of the story. The author did a fabulous job with grabbing the readers attention and drawing them into the story. I hate putting it down at night but I need my sleep! Such a great read I would definitely recommend this book!! :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Nightmare in Berlin by Hans Fallada
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

Obsession in Death by J. D. Robb.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Pookabooks
Currently Reading: Eragon
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pookabooks.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by Pookabooks »

I am currently reading Eragon for the first time. This is kind of surprising since it's in the genre I like. I really like the book. It's going very well and very interesting. I've been "checking it out" through my libraries digital book resource.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
amysuedew
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysuedew.html

Post by amysuedew »

Ditch That Textbook. It's about integrating technology into the classroom. It seems our generation is rapidly advancing while our classrooms are the same as they were 100 years ago.
Vulgate
Currently Reading: Conceived Without Sin (Pierced by a Sword #2)
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vulgate.html

Post by Vulgate »

Just started And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. This is completely outside of my usual genre of books so let's see how it goes.
jnp8812

Post by jnp8812 »

Currently I am rereading Pride and Predjuice by Jane Austen. This is one of my favorites. I seem to discover new meanings every time I read it.
I also read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies not too long ago. I found this quite interesting with zombies thrown into the story. It had the same plot and was comical to have zombies part of the mixture.
miss_roundy
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-roundy.html
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by miss_roundy »

Loving Cara by Kristen Proby...not really enjoying it...the plot is not very original
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
npatt
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-npatt.html

Post by npatt »

I'm always reading the Bible and Moments with God for Moms by Karen Stubbs, but I'm also always looking for book recommendations from Amy genre!
habibimc17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habibimc17.html

Post by habibimc17 »

Currently I am on the second book in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, which I find to be an exhilarating experience. The style as well as the theme genuinely interest me, and so I look forward to completing the series.
gracepine11
Favorite Author: Kate DiCamillo
Favorite Book: Flora and Ulysess
Currently Reading: Carry On, Mr. Bowditch
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracepine11.html
fav_author_id: 3660

Post by gracepine11 »

The Prophet, the Shepherd, and the Star by Jenny Cote. For any Christians out there, I highly recommend it.
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes." Mazer Rackham from the book Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
thereadingsloth
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thereadingsloth.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by thereadingsloth »

andwithpatience wrote:Currently reading The Dark Elf trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
It's my first time reading anything by Salvatore. I might be hooked. :shock:

Just the title of this book has me interested! I'm totally going to research this book and the author!

-- 12 Dec 2016, 02:19 --
Pookabooks wrote:I am currently reading Eragon for the first time. This is kind of surprising since it's in the genre I like. I really like the book. It's going very well and very interesting. I've been "checking it out" through my libraries digital book resource.

Eragon is also in the genre I love, and I still have it on my "to-read" shelf! :(
GemNR18
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 743">White Bones</a>
Currently Reading: Taken for Dead
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemnr18.html

Post by GemNR18 »

I've just started 'White Bones' by Graham Masterton. 5 chapters in and I'm gripped more than the book I just finished (The Falcons of Fire and Ice).
kyle364
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle364.html

Post by kyle364 »

I'm reading 'Dream Thieves.' The second of a four book series related to the Raven Boys. I haven't actually read the first book, it was slim pickins for English in the Taiwanese library I just found near me.
Sammy Slick187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy-slick187.html

Post by Sammy Slick187 »

I am currently reading "The chemist" by Stephanie Myer I did like her other books so I thought I would give it a try, Stephen kings "The dark half." and I was interested in the king fountains series it sounds interesting so I thought I would give it a try.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”