What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
JaayWonderland
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaaywonderland.html

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by JaayWonderland »

I'm currently reading the second Hunger Games book by Suzanne Collins (Catching Fire) and I'm really enjoying it so far :D
bettiekrueger

Post by bettiekrueger »

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
Johntherobert
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johntherobert.html

Post by Johntherobert »

Salt, Geronimo, NA, holy bible, journey toward death, beowolf, American gospel
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

JaayWonderland wrote:I'm currently reading the second Hunger Games book by Suzanne Collins (Catching Fire) and I'm really enjoying it so far :D
I'm going to reread that series soon! (You know, after all those other books I'm going to reread.) Just a warning: You'll likely either love or hate the third book; I enjoyed it, but then, I've only read it once and may hate it on the reread.

Right now, I've stolen The Unpersuadables[/b] by Will Storr from my mom, borrowed A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens from my sister, and checked out The Serbs by Tim Judah from the library.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
dominiccalvin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominiccalvin.html

Post by dominiccalvin »

At any point of time, I read 3-4 books but they are chosen consciously from each of the disciplines that I am interested in. Currently, I am reading Plato's 'Early Socratic Dialogues', Freud's 'Interpreting Dreams', Sian Ede's 'Art and Science', Homer's 'The Iliad', Transtromer's 'New Collected Poems' and Joseph Silk's 'The Infinite Cosmos'. It might seem that I am being pretentious but, in truth, I try to counterbalance the drudgery of my usual work by reading whatever might seem appealing depending on my mood at any particular point of time.

Dominic.

-- 30 Jul 2014, 12:38 --

At any point of time, I read 3-4 books but they are chosen consciously from each of the disciplines that I am interested in. Currently, I am reading Plato's 'Early Socratic Dialogues', Freud's 'Interpreting Dreams', Sian Ede's 'Art and Science', Homer's 'The Iliad', Transtromer's 'New Collected Poems' and Joseph Silk's 'The Infinite Cosmos'. It might seem that I am being pretentious but, in truth, I try to counterbalance the drudgery of my usual work by reading whatever might seem appealing depending on my mood at any particular point of time. :D

Dominic.
Pauleen_Joy

Post by Pauleen_Joy »

I just finished Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare...
didito_232

Post by didito_232 »

I just finished "The Pirate's Wish" by Cassandra Rose Clarke last night. Stayed up 'till 00.45, but that's nothing a nerd like me isn't used to i guess. It was a nice duology with a satisfying ending :D
RJohnReves
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjohnreves.html

Post by RJohnReves »

I am re re re reading Lord Fouls Bane - the first of Donaldson's Thomas Covenant books
Lisarey1990
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisarey1990.html
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr

Post by Lisarey1990 »

Bleak House by Charles Dickens.
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr
H0LD0Nthere
Favorite Book: Til We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-h0ld0nthere.html
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard

Post by H0LD0Nthere »

The Eye of Moloch by Glenn Beck
The Republic by Plato
plus a book to review from this site
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard
normanbats

Post by normanbats »

Payback Thomas Kelley
stalker619

Post by stalker619 »

I am reading Eric A Shelman's Dead Hunger: The Reign of Isis. It is the seventh book in a series. It is outstanding. Would recommend that you buy the first book in the series Dead Hunger: The Flex Sheridan Chronicles or just buy the boxed set of books 1-5.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks was quite wonderful and I had a hard time putting it down. I have a couple of other books by Brooks on Kindle, which I really look forward to reading in due course.

I have now moved on to that 1950s classic of French erotica, The Story of O by Pauline Reage. There remains something of a mystery about the true identity of Reage, but it seems to be agreed that the story was probably written by a woman. I have seen the film (in fact, I own a DVD), which isn't all that good, so I am hoping the book is better at explaining O's motivation for willingly undergoing the degradation she is subjected to. This is a new world for me, one I don't pretend to understand.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
eduroux
Favorite Author: Raymond E.Feist
Favorite Book: The Serpentwar Saga
Currently Reading: Railsea by China Mieville
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eduroux.html

Post by eduroux »

Hey! I'm reading "Book of Dreams" by Traci Harding. So far it's been really interesting. I picked it up at an Op Shop because the cover caught my eye.. As did the name of the book. I was pleased to find out that it's themed in Australia (Where I come from) and actually has something to do with Aboriginals! I can't wait to finish it :D
zupeeeerjane

Post by zupeeeerjane »

Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief
It's amazing. very cooool. B)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”