Bookmark or corner fold

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Hneite
Currently Reading: The Shadow Rising (Wheel of Time, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reading Device: B0B3PSRHHN

Re: Bookmark or corner fold

Post by Hneite »

By memory. No bookmarks or folded corners.
Keegan_110
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keegan-110.html

Post by Keegan_110 »

I use a bookmark! I can't stand bending the corner, because I HAVE to keep my books look very nice. I like to keep my books in a very good state of quality and I can't stand bends in a book!
MJ Chantel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mj-chantel.html

Post by MJ Chantel »

Typically, I memorize. If I own it, and especially if it is non fiction, I dog ear my favorite pages.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

BMs only!
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
thegeekyyogi
Currently Reading: Orange is the New Back
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegeekyyogi.html

Post by thegeekyyogi »

Dog earring?! You monsters! Haha But in all seriousness, I always use a bookmark or the occasional old receipt.
ramydul11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 263

Post by ramydul11 »

Bookmarks are more interesting with their patterns and designs. I like to collect them. In a way, it makes the reading process even more beautiful.
shelbylcc125
Currently Reading: Ella, the slayer
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelbylcc125.html
Latest Review: "Walter the Whale" by Olivia Carmichael

Post by shelbylcc125 »

Bookmarks of course, I hate to damage my books in any way, they are like my children.
Latest Review: "Walter the Whale" by Olivia Carmichael
Jordit100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordit100.html

Post by Jordit100 »

If it is a paperback book that I do not care too much about, I fold the edges. Mainly because my paperbacks get messed up so easily anyways. I have to use a bookmark with any hard back.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

When I was really young in elementary school I folded the corners down to hold my place. But as I got older and started getting more into reading, I began collecting book marks. I practically became obsessed with book marks so now, all I use are book marks. Sometimes, I just try to remember the page I am on and just try to find the last spot I read, but I try to use book marks when I can.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

GUILTY: Corner fold!! so convenient - I can't seem to find bookmarks when I need them :lol:
Constant Reader
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constant-reader.html
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Constant Reader »

Just reading this subject line gave me chills. I used to be a corner folder, until I dated a guy who was very protective of his books. He made me see how damaging that is to the pages, and even though I haven't seen him in almost 30 years, to this day I can't even think about folding a corner down on a page. I have dozens of bookmarks, and use them every time. If I loan a book to a friend, I always include a bookmark. I don't get upset if they fold a corner, but hope they use the bookmark I provide!
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Constant Reader wrote:Just reading this subject line gave me chills. I used to be a corner folder, until I dated a guy who was very protective of his books. He made me see how damaging that is to the pages, and even though I haven't seen him in almost 30 years, to this day I can't even think about folding a corner down on a page. I have dozens of bookmarks, and use them every time. If I loan a book to a friend, I always include a bookmark. I don't get upset if they fold a corner, but hope they use the bookmark I provide!
That's interesting. You sound like a really good friend though! :D
Word_Lover
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-word-lover.html
Latest Review: "A Taste of Highland Culture" by Evie Stapleton

Post by Word_Lover »

Folding pages in a book is equivalent to sacrilege in my book (no pun intended)!!! Even back in high school I would cringe when one of my friends would fold the pages over!! Talk about nails on a chalkboard to me! I will old receipts, post-it notes, stickers folded in half, just about anything and everything as a bookmark in order to not fold the corner. One time I even took a picture of the page with my phone because I could feel nod something to use, just to keep from defacing the page!!
Latest Review: "A Taste of Highland Culture" by Evie Stapleton
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Word_Lover wrote:Folding pages in a book is equivalent to sacrilege in my book (no pun intended)!!! Even back in high school I would cringe when one of my friends would fold the pages over!! Talk about nails on a chalkboard to me! I will old receipts, post-it notes, stickers folded in half, just about anything and everything as a bookmark in order to not fold the corner. One time I even took a picture of the page with my phone because I could feel nod something to use, just to keep from defacing the page!!
Wow. *reads this* -> *looks at her books* -> *shies away* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaitismommy
Currently Reading: Murder in Chinatown
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Kaitismommy »

Definitely bookmarks and like many people would use a receipt or something. My mom taught me a love and respect of books from a very early age so I just can't fold the page down I don't even like marking my place with an e-reader because I don't like the dog ears. LOL

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”