Paperback or Hardcover?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
booklion13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Paperback or Hardcover?

Post by booklion13 »

Hardcover all the way!
Syntheticaudio
Favorite Author: Scarlett Thomas
Favorite Book: The Holy Machine - The End Of Mr Y
Currently Reading: Apocalypse Z
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syntheticaudio.html
fav_author_id: 26639

Post by Syntheticaudio »

juniper9 wrote:I buy mostly paperbacks cause they are cheaper, but I prefer hardbacks.

Agreed.

Hardbacks just look and feel better in some way. They feel like the real deal.

For my favourite books I like to have a copy of each so that I have one to take with me or loan out to people, and one to keep at home looking pretty.
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over.
Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

|Kurt Vonnegut|
bedheadisme
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bedheadisme.html

Post by bedheadisme »

I love paperbacks. I can carry a paperback around in my purse. I can carry a couple of paperbacks in my purse. With a hardback I can't take it out with me to the doctors office or in the event that I get ditched and need a good read.

Paperbacks for life.
Stella White 47
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stella-white-47.html

Post by Stella White 47 »

Paperback to carry in my purse; hardcover to read in bed or in the bathroom.
JonathanFavorsGrimes
Currently Reading: Shakespares Classics
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonathanfavorsgrimes.html

Post by JonathanFavorsGrimes »

I have both in my library of books but I prefer to have Hardcover books. Because I read books a lot and tend to carry them around with me. Sometimes having a soft cover can cause for some damage it depends on where you are and how you take care of them. Hardcover can be very protective of little critters that might eat up your books. I also like the old classic way they make the books under the book covers.
_i_love_books_

Post by _i_love_books_ »

I perfer paperback, but I buy both now.. I tried keeping all my series one way, but I'd get impatient and buy the hardback because I can't wait.. I figure it gives my bookshelf character.. I absolutely refuse to buy ebooks, if I'm paying for the book, I better have it in my hands.
RBest
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rbest.html

Post by RBest »

I enjoy paperbacks! Nothing says "good read" like a paperback that is barely hanging on. I find it harder to read hardcovers. Usually I will get a hardcover if I can't find it in a paperback, but it really throws me off if I have all paperbacks and one hardcover in a series.
lolripops
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolripops.html

Post by lolripops »

Personally, I prefer hardcovers because when on display... they look amazing! Plus they're more durable.
Lazaszeret39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lazaszeret39.html

Post by Lazaszeret39 »

I actually love a little of both 8) :twisted: because hardcover books tend to last longer but are heavier to hold when reading meanwhile paperbacks are just the opposite. They don't last as long as hardcover but are lighter to hold when reading them.
Tavia134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavia134.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Tavia134 »

I prefer hardback because they are more attracted and they last longer than paperback books. A set back for hardcover books are that they cost more than paperback books.
Mbucknor
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbucknor.html

Post by Mbucknor »

I prefer hardback, but usually buy paperback since they are cheaper and easier to find. I'm actually in the process of converting my paperback collection to hardback by buying used copies on ebay and giving away my originals.
jmeza10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmeza10.html

Post by jmeza10 »

Tough question. Paperback is easy to handle and you can write in it without feeling guilty. Hardback, is like a whole new world where the book is delicate and has to be taken care of. Tough choice but i would rather go with both.
jadek99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadek99.html

Post by jadek99 »

BOTH. I love the feel of a hardcover book and the fact that the spine won't get damaged yet I also love the flimsy paper feel that paperbacks have and feel that it makes the whole reading experience better.
LiaLinAri

Post by LiaLinAri »

Paperback.
I find hardcover difficult to hold and the dust covers piss me off (and yes, I know that you can take them off).
Not the I bend the books but I have little-ish hands…
Cassie85
Favorite Author: cannot narrow it to
Favorite Book: too many
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie85.html

Post by Cassie85 »

I prefer hardback books but don't mind paperbacks. The only thing I have not been able to get into is using the kindles or other online/tablet version of reading books. I have to have that feeling I love of flipping the pages and holding the book in my hand.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”