What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Alisha1729
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisha1729.html

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Alisha1729 »

I have read the entire Twilight series 4 times. While some might joke about the storyline being stupid, Stephenie Meyer's writing captivates me. It's not the fact that a Vampire is in love with a human that gets me. It's the emotional aspect of the stories, Edward has to exercise an extensive amount of self control so that he does not cause any harm to Bella. I think the story really says a lot about mankind and the ability to love deeply and with ones whole self.
Daphni
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=15864">A Game of Thrones</a>
Currently Reading: American Gods
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphni.html

Post by Daphni »

I don't reread books because I find that the spark is gone, knowing what's going to happen doesn't really excit me.
But, I understand the meaning of rereading, you can discover something you could only get by rereading, and re-experience the joy and/or the sadness. So, there are books I would put on my to be reread list; Tiger Eye by Judy Blume, The Little Prince or Legend by Marie Lu.
But, at the moment my to be read list, which could probably go around the world 5 times, is more important. I want to discover new thing and experience new emotions that you get from reading new books. I want to read as much new books as I can before I start rereading and maybe by then I would have forgotten what the story was about that it would be like reading a new book.
hasan459

Post by hasan459 »

i have read most my text book, just fun
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

I have a somewhat funny story about this. There is a book called Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz. I borrowed it in 2001 from a friend and could not put it down. I returned the book and thought about it for a while. Then in 2010 I saw a familiar book at the library and thought "I need to read this!" You can probably guess that it was Drowning Ruth. I realized I had already read it well into the first chapter but kept going because I loved it so much the first time around. In 2012 I saw a book with a great cover and instantly had to own it. Best part was it was at a used book store! Of course it was Drowning Ruth. I sat down to read it and realized again that I had already read this book! But I kept going because the first and second time around the book was so good. Then last year I went to my libraries book sale and found Drowning Ruth, a book I wanted to own! For 40 cents! Came home looked at my bookshelf and started laughing really hard. I already owned it and read it three times now! My husband has the book on a permanent do not buy list. It is forever in my brain that I have read and enjoyed this book.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
quill94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quill94.html

Post by quill94 »

Harry Potter!
Hackwerm

Post by Hackwerm »

I'm 24 and I still can't resist my favorite, almost unheard of, it seems, young adult trilogy. The Guardians of Time Trilogy by Marianne Curley. Reading it now it is definitely more simply written, but there's just something about the story, being different from other fantasy-like books I've read! Magical abilities, time travel, good vs. evil, romance, and history, all wrapped up into an awesome trilogy! I still read it like once a year!
Kate_woodside
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-woodside.html

Post by Kate_woodside »

The Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop. She is an excellent writer, and i tend to pick them up once a year or so. There are so many okay books out there and it's really hard to find a phenomenal one, so when i get bored with reading I always pick those ones back up to spark my love of reading again.
Lalalu
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lalalu.html

Post by Lalalu »

I love Pride and Prejudice (I have several copies that I alternate reading, because why not?!) and a sequel series by Linda Berdoll.

On my e-reader, I re-read Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson and The Bet by Laura Heritage & Rachel Van Dyken. These two book keep me laughing every time.
DesiP
Currently Reading: Modern Wicked
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desip.html
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by DesiP »

I reread about three different series by CM Owens at least once a year.
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
Haley19

Post by Haley19 »

I have reread Looking for Alaska the most. I have read it four times, and each time I read it I find new things I love about it. The way John Green writes about raw emotions is incredible. I relate to the book on so many levels, and the book always grabs me emotionally every time.
kendramw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendramw.html

Post by kendramw »

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry is my absolute favorite book. I've only read it entirely once, but I have started rereading it multiple times. It never gets old!
Carrie Opal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrie-opal.html

Post by Carrie Opal »

It's not often that I reread a book, simply because there's so much out there I haven't read for the first time, but The Little Prince is easily the book I've reread the most. At least once a year, if not more than that. I can sit down and read it in one sitting, and I always get something new out of it, no matter how many times I've read it. It's filled with beautiful, poignant ideas that are simply stated. Love it.
Cora Oquinn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cora-oquinn.html

Post by Cora Oquinn »

I have probably reread the Help the most because it makes me think of the place where I live .
JenGentry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jengentry.html

Post by JenGentry »

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson.....I read it at least once every couple of months :techie-studyingbrown:
AJ COOPER
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-cooper.html

Post by AJ COOPER »

It's probably a tie between Ella Enchanted (which I read at a point in my life where I was quite lonely and needed an alternate universe) and Pride and Prejudice, though all of the Harry Potter books are a close second!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”