What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
its_hopeeee
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by its_hopeeee »

I'm one for the books that I can connect emotionally with; the stories that pull me in and make me feel as if I am feeling what the characters are. I reread Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson religiously. It has a strong story line and it's characters are real- it's as if you have met them before. Honestly I think I like it mostly because of the honesty behind it. There are screw ups and agony and love and torture.. It's a major tearjerker and makes you think. It gives you life lessons in there, too. If you're a softy like I am, you'll love it.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

I... Ummmm... Haven't ever reread a book, unless flipping back through nonfiction counts... I've had to look up how to code particular things after fully reading a coding book before...
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Kinga
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinga.html

Post by Kinga »

The count of Monte Cristo - I first read it in high school and I think I'm rereading it once a year since then... :)
tavaughan_83
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaughan-83.html

Post by tavaughan_83 »

Harry Potter series and It have to be the ones I've re-read the most. But I re-read a lot of books.
sisita25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sisita25.html

Post by sisita25 »

The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's a shorter novel geared towards young readers, so it's easy to get through; but the social criticism and dystopian setting add depth. I see something more after each read. It's the kind of book I leave around the house for when I have a spare minute. You can open up to any page and be sucked right back into the story.
Bluedonutcentral
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluedonutcentral.html

Post by Bluedonutcentral »

The book I reread to most would be anything from the goosebumps series, I know they are marketed for children but they were the first books I ever started seriously reading (which I started to do somewhere around elementary school) so when ever I've run out of new books to read I will sometimes revisit the goosebumps.
RobynR
Currently Reading: The Scars of Us
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robynr.html

Post by RobynR »

The books I reread the most are books by Catherine Anderson. She is one of my favorite wtiers in the romance genre.
bluejay__way
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Favorite Book: The Austere Academy
Currently Reading: The Green Mile
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluejay-way.html
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by bluejay__way »

I've always found myself turning back to the Series of Unfortunate Events novels (they were my Harry Potter books when everyone else was reading the actual Harry Potter books)
kimmydenise1818
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmydenise1818.html

Post by kimmydenise1818 »

Bluford series
Astro
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Astro »

Cloud Atlas, there's always so much to get from it. And Geek Love, by Katherine Dunn, because I love it so.
speedyReed
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-speedyreed.html

Post by speedyReed »

I've read the Anne of Green Gable Series over and over. Lucy Maud Montgomery has a way of bringing her characters to life. There's always a new tidbit every time I read one her books.
Lovey325

Post by Lovey325 »

I've reread Tom Clancy's "RED RABBIT" at least once a year since I bought it about 10 years ago. Love the spy thriller, conspiracy type books and think Mr. Clancy takes it to a whole different level when it comes to CIA and spy thrillers. I often imagine myself as one of the undercover agents.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

I was thinking about this yesterday because I'd posted before in this forum talking about how there are too many books to go back and read other ones again. But you know what? I realized that there I actually do have a go-to book that I've re-read several times. That is Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. I have the audiobook version in my car, and when I can't find anything on the radio and I don't have another audiobook to listen to, I will often pop in one of the discs and listen to a story or two again. So, I guess you could say I re-read this book the most often!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I have read the Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer, more times than I can count. I have also read Pride and Prejudice a couple of times.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Snickerdoodle9
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snickerdoodle9.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by Snickerdoodle9 »

The book or series that I read the most is/are famous. Harry Potter!! My most favorite book is Harry Potter, and I love to re-read them. They also make me cry and smile. They have that magic inside the magic that makes them irresistible. I re-read the whole series at least once a year. I read the individual books more often, though. Harry Potter rules!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”