What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Zander Ward
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Zander Ward »

Probably The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. The writing is so beautiful :D
Beckyj
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beckyj.html

Post by Beckyj »

Rilla of Ingleside, by Lucy Maud Montgomery is my favorite book to reread. I also love to read The Hobbit every few years
lmsakowski
Currently Reading: You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)

Post by lmsakowski »

I reread Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster as often as I get a chance. Her memoirs are smart, hysterical, and fun and Bitter is the first of her collection. It is inspiring to me as I begin to work on my own memoir.
Barney56

Post by Barney56 »

The Talisman by stephen King and Peter Straub..must've read it at least ten times.
of-the-fireheart
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by of-the-fireheart »

I rarely re-read books one I've finished them but the one book I have reread the most is Return of the Gypsy by Philippa Carr. Its historical and romantic and just awesome.
QueenPeng44
Currently Reading: Piece de Resistance
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenpeng44.html
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by QueenPeng44 »

Dr. Martha Beck's Collection: Essays for Creating Your Right Life at least three times a year. I love re-reading Carol Higgins Clark's Decked and Hitched Mysteries twice a year. These books have helped me to cope and laugh during the tough times. They are wonderfully funny books that are insightful as well.
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
HollyWood

Post by HollyWood »

What book do I re-read the most? That is a really good question and for me has lots of different answers. Let me start by saying that I am a huge Nora Roberts fan and I have a number of books written by her that I re-read habitually. I am in no way saying that she is the only author that makes the list of books that I read over and over again to feel that giddiness that you only feel when you connect with a characters/characters. so... I guess I should get to the part where I actually answer the question. The first book I would have to say that I re-read a lot would be Montana Sky By Nora Roberts. Suprise!!! I know! This is my all time FAVORITE book in the world and I know it forwards and backwards. Let me first start out by telling you what the book is about just in case you have not had the pleasure of reading it: Montana Sky is about a woman who grew up on a cattle ranch with a father that we will just say will not win father of the year and has just passed away. This awesome woman is Willa and of course she is strong, smart, funny, compassionate, and of course beautiful in her own unique way. Willas father manages to keep his role of not so great dat beyond the grave by making pretty hard demands in his will. If Willa wants to keep her beloved cattle ranch then she has to comply with the terms of the will which includes meeting and living with her two sisters and being under the thumb of her handsome but somewhat bothersome neighbor. On top of dealing with these unforseen obsticals Willa has the added preasure of a killer that seems to be targetting her and the ones she loves. The story is full of great characters and an amazing story line that develops and unfolds at just the right speed. I gues for me I LOVE that two of the main characters Ben and Willa have known each other for years but now we get to see their relationship develop in a different way. The way these two characters interact with each other manages to be sweet and intense at the same time. I won't tell you about any specific parts of the book just in case I have some Nora newbies here and I for sure don't want to ruin anything for y'all. The amazing thing about this book is that everytime I read it I get the same full and happy feeling that I got for the first time... the only difference is its just a little fuller and a little happier because I know these characters so well and I feel so connected with them. I really want everyone else to experience those uplifting feelings too and the best way for y'all to do that is to make sure that you read Montana Sky By Nora Roberts the first chance you get. I know that y'all will not be disappointed. I'm debating on if I should be super long winded and tell y'all about another book that I re-read a lot but I think I will wait since I do kind of feel that I'm talking a lot.
Erick1853
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick1853.html

Post by Erick1853 »

The ones that I keep on my person and reread most of the time is "Holes" and "Freak the Mighty"
dickens 100
Currently Reading: The Italian Wife
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickens-100.html

Post by dickens 100 »

1984 by George Orwell is a classic and I never get tire of reading it again. Wild Swans by Jung Chang is a complete masterpiece and a gripping account of a Chinese family, through the generations and another book which I keep rereading
mackenziemarr1

Post by mackenziemarr1 »

Maybe it's cliche, but I definitely reread To Kill a Mockingbird more that any other book. That or The Kite Runner, it's heartbreaking but there's still something so poetic and hopeful about it. And somehow I always find myself coming back to any of the Harry Potter series or Jane Austen novels, usually Northanger Abbey.
booklver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =10102">An Ember in the Ashes</a>
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by booklver »

I reread Pride and Prejudice, about once a month at least! I also reread the whole Harry Potter series, the Twilight series as I do hate the movies but enjoy the books. I will be trying the BBC series of P and P., I can only imagine Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy!
Erika Alexandra
Currently Reading: Corpse
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erika-alexandra.html

Post by Erika Alexandra »

I read Dr. Zhivago once a year. As it is long and at times confusing, it did take me a good reading or two to fully comprehend the entire story- characters, themes, and all. I find it intriguing as an odd 'love story' and also enjoyed the opinions conveyed on the revolution. This book is an adventure to me every time I open it.
TrisNook
Favorite Author: JK Rowling
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and Order of The Phoenix (Harry Potter #5)
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by TrisNook »

I re-read the Harry Potter series the most. Usually some of the later ones more than the earlier ones.
see_nicole_read
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Swamplandia!
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-nicole-read.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by see_nicole_read »

The Harry Potter series. I still find something new each time I reread them all. I'll never tire of them!
TKMaddox

Post by TKMaddox »

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”