What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Batesblogger
Favorite Author: Tamora Pierce
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Titans Curse
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-batesblogger.html
Latest Review: "Broken (I Live To Let You Shine)" by Kimmy Downing
fav_author_id: 3492

Re:

Post by Batesblogger »

sleepydumpling wrote:I have a few. The biggie is probably The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham, which I have read pretty much at least once a year for the past 20 years.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is another favourite, along with The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee.

I have others though, I'll have to think about those.
P&p I read all the time. Also all the tamora pierce books. And harry potter. i can never get over Harry Potter.
Somewhere out there is a world we never knew existed.

Languages never spoken.
Colors that should not be.
Lives never opened.
Eyes that never see.

And then the page is turned, a universe created.

We are gods.
Latest Review: "Broken (I Live To Let You Shine)" by Kimmy Downing
briggs_cm2014
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briggs-cm2014.html

Post by briggs_cm2014 »

I often reread books written by John Maxwell. I usually refer to them for inputs on how to handle certain situations at work.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Avid SciFi Fan wrote:I don't reread books, once is enough. I prefer to try something new over revisiting the past. You can only read so many books in a lifetime, so why rewalk the same path over and over again.

If you run the numbers, their are already more books out there than you could read in a lifetime. Lets say you live to 100 years old, never slept and could read a book in an hour (starting when you were born). In that incredible lifetime of reading you could only squeeze in 876,000 books.
That makes me want to start looking for the fountain of youth. I've got a lot of books to squeeze in! I'm behind schedule!!!
jules23958
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jules23958.html

Post by jules23958 »

For me it has got to be the Harry Potter series. I just find them so refreshing and addictive. There are clearly some faults in the later books but the earlier in the series are purely magical...
juliakclark

Post by juliakclark »

My #1 reread is 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' as I still can't believe that this non-fiction isn't actually fiction. What a bunch of fascinating people!
Aepar91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aepar91.html

Post by Aepar91 »

Sarah dessen's the truth about forever. I've read it about 7 times and each time i learn something different about myself from reading it. Truly a book that came to me when I needed it most
jkclay1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkclay1.html

Post by jkclay1 »

Honestly, the Bible. But as far as fiction goes...the book that comes to mind is goddess of yesterday. It's a super great book.
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
-Benjamin Franklin
Lady_Phantom

Post by Lady_Phantom »

I have read "The Midnight Heather of Bridee Castle more times then I can count. I have had it nearly 20 yrs. I have also read "Lightning" By Dean Koontz more times then can be counted.
rune
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rune.html

Post by rune »

Ive read Jim Butchers books from his Dresden Files series a few times now :lol:
steveallen1981
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steveallen1981.html

Post by steveallen1981 »

I actually read very few books more than once. I can only think of two books I have read on more than two occasions. Dracula and 1984.
3chicnP
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html

Post by 3chicnP »

I've read the Percy Jackson series the most. It's mainly because of the Blood of Olympus books coming out. I forget about the whole series and the characters and a new book comes out. I NEED to read the Blood of Olympus so it forces me to re-read the whole Percy Jackson series. I've re-read it about 4 times now. I've also re-read a lot of Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. When I'm not into reading a whole book, I just pick up one of them and read them. I've read them like 10 times now but I laugh every time.
I am a free spirit
like mafia
andthemusicfades
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkein
Favorite Book: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Currently Reading: Subject Seven
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andthemusicfades.html
fav_author_id: 12163

Post by andthemusicfades »

I go through Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" once a year. Its like a personal tradition. A newer one that I've been re-reading a lot is "Between Shades of Gray" by Ruta Sepetys. It's such a great book.
astoldbysiri

Post by astoldbysiri »

metroidhunter9292 wrote:Probably a book from the Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer, Or part of the Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling. I've read at least one from each more than three times a year. Hoorah for infantile reading!
Ohh yes!! Me too, I do enjoy reading Artemis Fowl over and over again. I've also just finished rereading the whole of the Harry Potter series just in time for my trip to the Warner Bro's Harry Potter Studios :)
TibbyK
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tibbyk.html

Post by TibbyK »

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. Each time I read it, I discover a new piece of information I feel like I missed the last time. It's truly a work of art, and I cannot wait to read the new book, Words of Radiance.
richt394
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richt394.html

Post by richt394 »

The book that I've probably reread more than any other is The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas. I don't know what it is about this book, but I love how the main character exacts his revenge...and then in the end comes to regret the lengths to which he punished some of his enemies.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”