What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
awelker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by awelker »

I heard that that was an excellent book. i just haven't picked it up yet.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I've read The Alchemist. I didn't get anything life changing from it myself, but it is a good story. Maybe I just wasn't in a place in my life to get something from it at the time?
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Weave

Post by Weave »

I go back to 'Ralph's Party' by Lisa Jewell a lot. x :D
haylesd

Post by haylesd »

i usually read harry potter series every year and the eragon books too. and i have just finished the red dwarf books so those will probably be added to my yearly list!
mewgle

Post by mewgle »

im always drawn to the fountainhead atleast twice a year.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

The Red Dwarf books are brilliant!

Lyn

Post by Lyn »

The only book I've ever re-read is "The Alienist" by Caleb Carr.
My name? Why, just call me God - God the embryo.
knightss

Post by knightss »

sleepydumpling wrote:I've read The Alchemist. I didn't get anything life changing from it myself, but it is a good story. Maybe I just wasn't in a place in my life to get something from it at the time?
mmm, it didn't do too much for me either. it was a nice fast little read and it was interesting but definitely not life altering.. for me anyway.
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
knightss

Post by knightss »

Hmm.. books i enjoy re-reading:
Ender's Game
Breakfast of Champions
As I Lay Dying
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
haylesd

Post by haylesd »

The Red Dwarf books are brilliant!
yeah i love them, though i do prefer last human as a sequal than backwards
mayumeeh

Post by mayumeeh »

For me, I love short inspirational stories so I would go for Frank Mihalic's 1000 Stories... Such a great book!
oceans_running

Post by oceans_running »

I tend to read Master and Margarita by Bulgakov at least twice a year. I always marvel at how I see something new in it each and every time I read it, even though I barely have to look at the text to actually do the reading. I love the loud, bustling Griboyedov (sp?) environment, so wonderfully thirties. I love the ostentatious ball scene, with the river of historical villains flowing past her. I love all the funny bits (especially how the mental hospital is the most comfortable and luxe place in the whole country -- that describes the Soviet regime right there :lol: ). I love the way it makes you temporarily forget that Woland is actually evil and then reminds you again in the conclusion. I love how flawed Margarita is. I love the way it shows how the Soviet establishment stifled genius for the sake of ideology and then draws the parallel to the same thing happening in ancient Jerusalem. I love the poor, tired Master. There are other things too, but nobody likes a super-long post. :lol: Most of all, I love how every time I even think about this book, I find something new to love.
In Russia, this is a cult book. It was written in the thirties, but not really published until the eighties, and then only on the black market. My mum says she spent a month's scholarship money on it when it first became available, and she does not even like the sort of books that don't have a dead body by the second page (her words, not mine).
Am I ranting?
R.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I read Cloudstreet by Tim Winton quite often. Such a beautiful book!

CollegeReader

Post by CollegeReader »

knightss wrote:
sleepydumpling wrote:I've read The Alchemist. I didn't get anything life changing from it myself, but it is a good story. Maybe I just wasn't in a place in my life to get something from it at the time?
mmm, it didn't do too much for me either. it was a nice fast little read and it was interesting but definitely not life altering.. for me anyway.
Oh good, so it wasn't just me! I actually liked this book and would recommend it, but I was definately expecting more ... I feel as though the author was taking old "information" and attempting to make it seem new and eye-opening, but anyway ...
"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled 'This could change your life'" ~ Helen Exley

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures"
CollegeReader

Post by CollegeReader »

I read The Oath by Frank Perreti when I was in highschool over and over. At the time, I really liked scary stuff, haha, and this one would keep me up at night with a light on. It's actually a pretty interesting book with the story being a metaphor for the struggle between good and evil in relationship to God.

Now, I try not to re-read stuff since I have a TBR pile a mile high. But I still like to flip through my favorites and re-read certain parts that I've marked up with notes and underlines cause they're just so darn good =)
"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled 'This could change your life'" ~ Helen Exley

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures"

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”