What are some good Contemporary books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
alyssaap
Bookshelf Size: 0

What are some good Contemporary books?

Post by alyssaap »

Hi everyone!

I've been looking to read something new and I've read a few contemporaries in the past and loved them. I'm not a big reader but they were easy to get through and made me want to read more often. I'm just looking for something similar to that - that can take my mind off of school and work for an hour or so a day. I've read Colleen Hoover, Renée Carlino, and Alice Clayton before and loved each of their books. If you have any recommendations, please let me know! :techie-studyingbrown:
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by TangledinText »

If you like Colleen Hoover then I would highly suggest Cora Carmack and her "Losing It" series. Its contemporary and she's a good friend of Colleen with similar writing styles.

Also try Abbi Glines, Molly McAdams, and Jay Crownover who are all good friends with one another.

Let me know what you think.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”