Do you always have a book with you?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Cassandra B
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Do you always have a book with you?

Post by Cassandra B »

I always have at least one book by my bedside and if I am going on a journey I always take my Kindle where I have quite a library to choose from.
kristnt_
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristnt.html

Post by kristnt_ »

Yes, always! No matter where I am, I either have a paperback book or an ebook loaded on my smartphone ready to read.
Dezu44
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezu44.html

Post by Dezu44 »

I always have a book with me. Usually a physical one or some downloaded from the Amazon kindle iPhone app. I find that I often have time before work or while taking care of errands to read while I wait for my clients or the rest of my family. It's always nice to have something to read in the off chance that I'll have a free moment.
Yaneii
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yaneii »

Always. Never leave a book behind once you pass through your door. It may not be a person to talk to once you're stranded but it is and will always be a companion. :wink:
Aikaterini

Post by Aikaterini »

I always have at least one book and a knitting project with me if not multiples... one reason that small purses have never worked for me.
msmyre
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmyre.html

Post by msmyre »

Always, in some form or another. I agree with those who prefer hard copies (there's just something about the feel and smell)...if I don't have a hard copy I'll use iBooks or the kindle app on my phone or tablet. I love having a full library in the palm of my hand, you never know when you'll have time to read so best be prepared! I try to read every day during my lunch break (or any break for that matter) if I don't have to work. Either way I always find time to read.
Chelssjames
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelssjames.html

Post by Chelssjames »

The majority of the time I have a book on me. I always try my best to make sure I don't leave my house with a book in my bag, especially when I'm sunk in to a really good read.
palaksrivastava
Currently Reading: vampie outbreak
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by palaksrivastava »

actually not ...i love reading books..as in the smartphones nowadays are capable enuf to store hundreds of books..
MissMinneapolis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missminneapolis.html

Post by MissMinneapolis »

Yes! I always have a book on me because I take the bus to work, and that's where I spend some of my days reading. I also have no problem bringing books to family functions if I get bored. Vacation is also a good way for me to spend my time reading as well. I also always have paper and a pen in case I get book suggestions that I want to put down.
Kaley_schafer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaley-schafer.html

Post by Kaley_schafer »

I always have a book with me and I'm always getting new books I'm reading one right now and it's great I always keep a book in my purse or backpack at all times anytime you need to escape or are even bored you can take a book and open a whole new world so there is no way I would ever go anywhere without the book I'm reading at the time I never have and I never will.
MadelynNicole
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4">Ender's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madelynnicole.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MadelynNicole »

I always have 1-2 books plus my kindle in my purse, and then at least 5 that I have yet to read in my car.
Laurenjones
Currently Reading: Reservations for Two
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenjones.html
Reading Device: B004ZLV5PE

Post by Laurenjones »

I ALWAYS have a book to read, no matter where I'm at. Sometimes I also have a physical book along with my smartphone.
Nini055

Post by Nini055 »

yes! My family find me really weird but I take my book everywhere!
GreenBookworm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenbookworm.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith

Post by GreenBookworm »

Always, but sometimes two or three.
Cajunrose518
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Cajunrose518 »

I do always have my kindle with me with a plethora of different books on it at any given time. You just never know when you are going to have a little free time. Why not fill it with a great read?

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”