What was the first book you bought ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

What was the first book you bought ?

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

So what was the first book you bought ?

Or the first book you remember that you bought

I think the first book i bought was End: Cosmic Catastrophe and the Fate of the Universe by Frank Close when i was 13 back in 1996.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
free_dreamer
Currently Reading: The Resolution for Women
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-free-dreamer.html

Post by free_dreamer »

Something by Steven King...Christine or Pet Cemetary (I went through quite a Stephen King phase). Or maybe it was something by Piers Anthony, such as On a Pale Horse (another phase I went through).
steph
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by steph »

Go ask Alice and PS. your cat is dead....I was 15 years old at the time...now (painfully) 55 years old
kellybackpacker
Favorite Author: Harper Lee
Currently Reading: The Talisman
Bookshelf Size: 3
fav_author_id: 2399

Post by kellybackpacker »

The James Bond books by Ian Fleming. JFK kept talking about how much he liked them.
selenuhhr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selenuhhr.html

Post by selenuhhr »

It was actually Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone. After I saw the first movie, I was very intrigued to read the books, I saw how many there were and I fell in lobe with every single one. To this day, I read them again. I love anything from Rowling.
emmiesbooks

Post by emmiesbooks »

The first one I remember buying is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer... Yes, I have read it 10 times though. :oops:
MissLeila
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =5506">The Iron Knight</a>
Currently Reading: Bruja
Bookshelf Size: 422
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missleila.html

Post by MissLeila »

The grim tales in French I was ten, and my mother wanted me to perfect my French in reading something appropriate for my age.
But what really got me to read more was pride and prejudice by Jane Austen I purchased it when I was thirteen when I first began to learn English.
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

Dragon Prince by Melanie Rawn, however I read many books before then that I didn't own.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I can't remember the exact title, but I'm pretty sure that it was a Star Trek novel, and I was probably about 12 years old. I was what you might call a nerd :lol: :roll: :oops:
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
ajo1022
Currently Reading: Four

Post by ajo1022 »

The first book I bought was Harry Potter and Sorcerers Stone when I was like in middle school. I remember how is excited I was to buy my own book.
Zoe303
Favorite Book: And Then There Were None
Currently Reading: Around the World in Eighty Days
Bookshelf Size: 240

Post by Zoe303 »

The first book I bought was Anne Of The Island by L. M. Montgomery, I was 15 years old! :)
“Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” –P.J. O’Rourke
Emmmm41

Post by Emmmm41 »

The first book I bought was Eggs by Robert Spinelli. If I'm being honest I haven't ever read it. My friends and I all bought it at our school book club. It was about friendship, I think. I really can't remember. All I remember about it is its title.

-- 10 Jul 2015, 17:03 --

The first book I bought was Eggs by Robert Spinelli. If I'm being honest I haven't ever read it. My friends and I all bought it at our school book club. It was about friendship, I think. I really can't remember. All I remember about it is its title.
Aadila
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aadila.html

Post by Aadila »

The first book I remember buying myself was Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, which I added to the collection of books my mom had already bought for me,I was 7 or 8 years old. Good memories :)
Carey Barfield
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Carey Barfield »

I was 7 and I bought the Harry Potter books. They are what got me into my love for reading!
Aadila
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aadila.html

Post by Aadila »

Carey Barfield wrote:I was 7 and I bought the Harry Potter books. They are what got me into my love for reading!
Sometimes I wish I could read them again without knowing anything just to experience the magic one more time.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”