Do you have your own library

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Do you have your own library

Post by MsMartha »

One whole wall of my living room is covered with bookshelves--that's one of the reasons I fell in love with my house. I enjoy having a library area where I spend most of my time. Of course, there are a couple of smaller library areas as well, including books to be read in my bedroom and cook books in my kitchen.
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

haha....um a student and I have a mini one....but I have ambitionss to read a lot of books....I have a zeal for books.....so....one day...I'll build a personal library of my own....and also...a huge library for others too.
Yelitzag08
Currently Reading: DIABLO NIGHTS
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yelitzag08.html
Latest Review: "The Blood on My Hands" by Shannon O'Leary

Post by Yelitzag08 »

I have a mini library but it doesn't have its own room. I have a bookshelf but all of my books do not fit into it. I would love a larger shelf but I don't have the space or the money at the moment. So some of my books are around my room or in drawers, I also have ebooks on my computer and smartphone! I would love to have a room where I have a lazy boy recliner, a keurig, and a huge bookshelf! Hopefully someday.
Latest Review: "The Blood on My Hands" by Shannon O'Leary
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

DATo wrote:My home office, from which I post to the forum, doubles as a library. I currently have 12 wooden bookcases containing ~ 3,000+ books (about 15 - 20% paperbacks). The room includes 3 desks. If I swivel my chair 180 degrees from the corner desk where my online-connected computer is there is another desk behind me with another computer on it. On the left wall is a walk-out french door to a two story balcony built off the sun deck with a third desk located on that wall. The room's walls are painted antique white and it has powder blue carpeting. One wall (to the right of my internet computer desk) is comprised of 10' X 2' floor to ceiling mirror panels. The room has an ornate ceiling fan and its own bathroom. Interesting touches to the room include an antique stereoscope and antique, glass and wood enclosed scale. Many mementoes and other small items of interest are located on some of the bookshelves in front of books.
DATo - looks like you have the perfect spot to both work and play. In my own home, I have my books contained in my bedroom that doubles as my home office. I only have three shelves that house around 500 books which are mostly paper backs. Since I have limited space, I read about 50 books and then I donate them to Goodwill and purchase more. On my shelves I keep my new books along with certain book series, authors, favorites that I may reread, and some reference books. Overall, I find it comforting to be able to look through my shelves and find something to read without having to go out and buy a new book or rely on online sources or my Kindle. One day I would love to have a true library. It is good to have something strive for!
the biblophile
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by the biblophile »

I could not live with out my library. it is my sanctuary.
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

When I use to read paper books I had a big book shelf in my office and a smaller one in my bedroom. Now I'm an ebook junky, so I gave almost all of my paper ones away. I'm glad to extra shelving now?
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
DragonTeethDice

Post by DragonTeethDice »

I've got hundreds of books, taking up way too much space in my house. When one of my daughters bought me a Kindle, I thought it was the answer. I stopped buying hardcopies and started building up a collection of e-books. Then the Kindle stopped working, and I lost access to my e-library. Now I'm not so sure about e-book collections.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Absolutely, I have custom built shelving all around my reading room plus bedroom. I purchase books, and I participate with the local Book Thing (free books). I also display years of personal journals. I have hundreds of books.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
the biblophile

Post by the biblophile »

a person after my own heart
chibecan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibecan.html

Post by chibecan »

I used to have one in a very small corner of my inner room when I was living in a 2 bedroom apartment until the house was gutted by fire. At the time,i also had my books in form of ebooks on my PC which I used to keep in my place of work so after the fire incident I kept only to the small ebooks library and continued to expand it up tilll today
AT+rmarathon[16]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-at-rmarathon-16.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by AT+rmarathon[16] »

A little one,yes.Hoping to add many more books to that shelf..its' just wonderful to see all your favourite characters on a single shelf..reminding you of all the good times, you have shared
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

We have shelves in various parts of the house. The majority are in the study.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

As i now have moved into a new place. I have made parts of the living room into a library.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

I moved recently to a new bigger house and I made a room especially for my library. I moved all my books there and I started categorizing them and I feel great :D
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

Not really but i would love to have one someday. Right now, i only have a handful of books sitting on my little shelf.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”