How long does it take you to finish a 500 page book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
mhardin
Bookshelf Size: 1

Re: How long does it take you to finish a 500 page book?

Post by mhardin »

Usually a 500 page book takes me about a week to finish but it depends on how interested I am in it.
mdy2theend
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by mdy2theend »

It doesn't usually take me long to finish a 500 page book or even more, depends on if it really draws me in and if I have time to read at work or at home.
Talethea
Currently Reading: The Valcourt Heiress
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talethea.html

Post by Talethea »

I read a lot. If I am reading for fun the plot and the characters are well done it usually takes me about a day to finish a 500 page book. For things that I am learning or hoping to teach myself, it would take longer. In those situations, I tend to read the book through, which would take a couple more days, maybe 3. Then, I go back though the book with a pen and paper to take notes, ask and answer questions and really do my best to get the most out of the content.
Getting through the book isn't usually a problem, especially if I am enjoying it. However, I do get irritated with books that aren't well written. If the content isn't properly presented or the characters and the story don't hold my interest, I have to finish it. I still want to know how the story ends. However, I will probably not purchase any other books by that author. I value the time I have for reading. I don't want to spend it reading something I don't like.
QueenPeng44
Currently Reading: Piece de Resistance
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenpeng44.html
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by QueenPeng44 »

That depends on the book! Normally about three to four days. If the book is really good, I will stay up throughout the night to finish reading the book. Did this very exact thing about a month ago.
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
Bri2000
Favorite Author: all authers
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri2000.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bri2000 »

I just recently read a 1118 page book. It only took about a day to finish, maybe a little longer.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
beknlee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beknlee »

3-5 days depending on how good the book is
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

2 days: 500 pages
4-6 days: 800 - 1000 pages, if the book is good but work is energy draining at times.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Oneday

Post by Oneday »

Man I miss 500 page books. On a fantasy kick right now and I'm lucky if I find one less than 800 pages. I usually read about 100 pages or so a day. So right around a week for me.
MiloGoethel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milogoethel.html

Post by MiloGoethel »

I am a slow reader, so it usually takes me up to 5 days to read a 500 page book. I have no shame, I like to read my books slowly and thoroughly enjoy them.
IsobelJ
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isobelj.html

Post by IsobelJ »

For me it depends on how interested I am in a book. If I'm totally in love with a book that's more than 1000 pages long, I'll probably finish it in 3-4 days.
kssspen77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kssspen77.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by kssspen77 »

It usually takes me about a week, but if it's a great read I'll slow down just because I don't want it to end.
Reyes183
Currently Reading: You're Next
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyes183.html

Post by Reyes183 »

I am an avid reader who reads pretty fast ,a 500 or 600 page book i could finish reading in 5 days.If it's one of my favorite writers ,i need 4 days and book finished.
ariariari
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariariari.html

Post by ariariari »

Depends on whether its interesting or not, if I enjoy it a 500 page book would take me a week-ish
carrie_anne80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrie-anne80.html

Post by carrie_anne80 »

It all depends on the book, if it is a good one I have finished a 500 page book in a couple of days...Reading on my lunch break at work and at night, hard to put a book down when you just want to find out what happens ASAP :)
angelsfantasy26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelsfantasy26.html

Post by angelsfantasy26 »

It usually takes me about 4 hours if I can get uninterrupted reading time.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”