How many times did you go to the library in your school?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Abc3000
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abc3000.html

Re: How many times did you go to the library in your school?

Post by Abc3000 »

I didn't go to my school's library very much. I really started reading books later in life.
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

Quite a lot, and I even put in a little assisting time there.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
kotori
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kotori »

In elementary school I went a lot but not often for books. I just hung out there. My mom didn't encourage me to check out books. However she did buy me books all the time. I spent way more time at the bookstore then my school library and that amount of time went up the older I got. I would get between one and four or five books a week. Every week. And being young and by time homeschool I had all the time in the world to read them.
gracepine11
Favorite Author: Kate DiCamillo
Favorite Book: Flora and Ulysess
Currently Reading: Carry On, Mr. Bowditch
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracepine11.html
fav_author_id: 3660

Post by gracepine11 »

I don't have a school at my school, but I go the public library once a week.
Christinar81
Favorite Author: Too hard to pick one
Currently Reading: Barracuda
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinar81.html
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon

Post by Christinar81 »

I went to the library every single day. I would get a pass and spend my entire study hall class in the library. It was the best part of the day.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon
Miss_A

Post by Miss_A »

The library at my school wasn't well stocked. I preferred going to the public library.
theredhairedcrow
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12069">The Transformer Trilogy</a>
Currently Reading: Tracker (Foreigner)
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by theredhairedcrow »

I regularly skipped classes to find a corner in my school library to read, and then after school I went to the public library most days. So, there's no way to count how many times to went to the school library really. Probably as many days as I was in school.
shubygurl84

Post by shubygurl84 »

I spent all my free time at the library in school and out of school. I love the library. I especially love the old books that haven't been checked out in years. I like to flip through them and let the musty smell of an old book surround me and they are like treasure chests that holds past treasures. Bookmarks, letters, old grocery lists, or sometimes a long forgotten photograph. Even if they don't hold treasure, the book itself is always a treasure.
travisblack117

Post by travisblack117 »

im in highschool and go at least once a week check out as many as i can (7) then go back next week for a new set 10th grade is fun
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Most mornings through my middle and high school years I was in the library. Sometimes it was more than just the mornings, and whenever I had free time.
Tigergal46
Currently Reading: The Help
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tigergal46.html

Post by Tigergal46 »

I used to spend every moment I could in the library. We had a small library but I would go in for study halls and free time between classes that we had. I spent time with my friends as well, I spent about half of my free time in school at the library, I used to sit in between the shelves and read the first couple chapters of different books until I found one or four that caught my attention and they would go out the door with me. I loved the library and honestly I think it is the only resource with in that high school that I miss.
Navy_Bear335
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-navy-bear335.html

Post by Navy_Bear335 »

I went to the library whenever I could, in the morning if it was open, and at lunch. After school I always hurried home so I could do my chores then become engrossed in the book I was currently reading.
erica_sammons
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-sammons.html

Post by erica_sammons »

I almost always found myself in the library during free time. There were also times where I would skip a boring class and hang out in the library to read. The librarians were really friendly and usually covered for me by writing a pass for class so I didn't get in trouble. They would just tell the teacher that they needed my help with something.
Holli3031

Post by Holli3031 »

I was in the library every day when I was in school. My favorite books to read back the were R.L. Stine
nessarae56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nessarae56.html

Post by nessarae56 »

I was at the library everyday. Its kind of sad I even did my high school community service by working in the library. I just love books and how they can take you to a whole other world.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”