Library or owning?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Wind Wise
Favorite Author: Gaston Leroux
Favorite Book: Phantom of the Opera
Currently Reading: Red Transplanted Tales by Kate Serine
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2894

Re: Library or owning?

Post by Wind Wise »

Owning, because I can read them at my own pace without having to worry about how long I have 'til I have to return them.
I love to read!

My top 3 fave books:
1. Phantom of the Opera- Gaston Leroux
2. Phantom- Susan Kay
3. Speak- Laurie Halse Anderson

I need to record her voice babbling so I can listen to it when she's not around- Wintergirls
Abbydan14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbydan14.html

Post by Abbydan14 »

Owning all the way. This may be because I don't live near a good library, but I think even if I did I would still want to buy my own books. I like putting them on my bookshelf and looking at them. I have so many books I haven't read but just had to buy. I have an addiction.
bhart1988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhart1988.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Post by bhart1988 »

I own all of my books as well. I like the idea of a library room in my house.
kate san
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-san.html

Post by kate san »

oooh thats a tricky one, I love going back to the books sometimes, however love the library too, I get so attached to them tho, I have all my children's books every single one.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I love when the library has sales and I find books that I love in the sales. While it makes me sad that they thought a book I loved should be discarded, it made me happy to own it for a mere 10 cents!

-- 14 Oct 2014, 19:48 --

I love when the library has sales and I find books that I love in the sales. While it makes me sad that they thought a book I loved should be discarded, it made me happy to own it for a mere 10 cents!
Fleurdelis674
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fleurdelis674.html

Post by Fleurdelis674 »

I like the library books for the fact that I live really far from a bookstore so sometimes going to the library is my only selection, especially when they don't sell the book on kindle. There is nothing like finding that hard to find book at the library. However, I love owning books. Getting that book I found out of nowhere at the bookstore and owning it to crease, write in if I want to and be able to read it in the bath without worrying about the book/
hersheyroxs
Favorite Author: Veronica Roth
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: Legend trilogy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hersheyroxs.html
fav_author_id: 2445

Post by hersheyroxs »

i like owning my own books
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Post by Ryan »

I like to own my books, but space is unfortunately not to be neglected. I'd love to have a library and not have to worry about where to put them all. One day ... one day :)
"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.
Aceebrooks

Post by Aceebrooks »

More like rather owning a library
rd7ht
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rd7ht.html

Post by rd7ht »

This is a truly difficult decision, my fantasy would be to Iive in my own private library. I love owning the books I have loved, just being near them makes me feel happy. They are like good friends. Of course it is hard to commit to paying to bring them home without really knowing them first and that's where the library comes in. The library is like a meet-n-greet where you can leisurely preview the books and maybe take them home to get better acquainted before committing.
Greeneyedphotogirl79
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Favorite Book: 1984
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greeneyedphotogirl79.html
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Greeneyedphotogirl79 »

It depends on the book. If I REALLY love the author then I'll buy the book. I've found many awesome books on the library shelves. That being said, I am slowly collecting books for my own home library.

April
sember987
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sember987.html

Post by sember987 »

I have to do the library between my daughters, my husband and me we go threw at least 10 books a week would get to expensive to buy that many every week. But I do purchase books that I want to read over and over.
briannaherondale
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briannaherondale.html

Post by briannaherondale »

I really prefer owning more. Because I can place them on my shelf, I can read them over and over again, it is just so much better
FAHenfrey
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahenfrey.html
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor

Post by FAHenfrey »

I love to own books but I feel that between money and space I could never read as many books as I'd like to which is why I love the library. My bookshelf is now reserved for the books I love more than any others and the ones I want to treasure and share with other people
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor
WinterCandyMints
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintercandymints.html

Post by WinterCandyMints »

Owning, of course. I love libraries, but having a time limit is a bit of a pressure. I feel like I have to read it immediately. Then I have to give it back, which sucks because what if I totally love it? It's good to check out books at the library though in case you end up not liking the book.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”