What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
KrisSkysong
Favorite Author: Tamora Pierce
Favorite Book: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Currently Reading: devoted - requiem - Clockwork Angel
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 3492

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by KrisSkysong »

It varies from time to time, so I do not really have just one favorite book. However, I am really loving the Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin. To be specific, I am in love with the second book, The Evolution of Mara Dyer. It has such a great feel to it and it is right up my alley.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Answering this is like choosing what my favorite food is. I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment, but I currently truly absolutely love Bad Girls Don't Die. It's mysterious and scary.
designerrosa
Favorite Author: Michael LeBoeuf
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha
Currently Reading: The Richest Man in Babylon by G. Classon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-designerrosa.html

Post by designerrosa »

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I read this book when i was quite young i think about 10 or 11 years old. I found it quite fascinating. it was vivid, exotic and really blew my mind.
tonyasherman

Post by tonyasherman »

Book (s) plural: Angelmaker, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, The Art of Racing in the Rain, People of the Book, Enders Game, Life is SO good, The Worst Hard Time, The Pillars of the Earth, The River Why, etc. How to choose only one? Impossible. Any book that causes a shift in thinking, compassion, emotion or passion is worth my time to read. Many thanks to the wonderful authors who wrote the books above!
bryant_keck
Favorite Author: Brandon Mull
Favorite Book: Brisingr
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bryant-keck.html
fav_author_id: 2410

Post by bryant_keck »

My favorite book is Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison, by Brandon Mull. The blend of fiction and modern reality is just perfect.
tamara_mc41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Post by tamara_mc41 »

oh my goodness!
that is such a great question.
I think I have way to many to just pick one.
but right now my top fave is the white rabbit chronicals.
I love how the author put a brand new twist on zombies and killing them/ saving them.
I loved how easy the books were to read.
and all the characters were fantastic. it was the first book to make me cry in awhile.
ALieLee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alielee.html

Post by ALieLee »

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
No matter what people are saying about the author him self, this book is amazing. I read it every year for my birthday, and last week was my 15th time reading it. I feel like this book is apart of me. The entire series is amazing, but the first book feel like home to me.
RBest
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rbest.html

Post by RBest »

I would have to say that my favorite book is "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins . This is the book that got me into reading.
bedheadisme
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bedheadisme.html

Post by bedheadisme »

My favorite book is "Out of the Dust" by Karen Hesse. It's beautifully written. It somehow manages to be both beautifully written poetry, an excellent novel, and a compelling read that I would recommend to anyone. This book makes my heart hurt... in a good way. I cannot say enough about how much I love this book.
KBlovesbooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kblovesbooks.html

Post by KBlovesbooks »

Wow, I have so many favorite books. Let me think. I love so many. The Fever Series by Karen Moring, The Darkest Mind series by Alexandra Bracken, The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor Series by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga, and the newest to my favorites is A Thin Veil series by Jodi McIsaac.
thybeli
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thybeli.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by thybeli »

The Black Jewels Trilogy Omnibus, by Anne Bishop (Is that cheating? It's three books, but it's one big book!)

I have recommended this novel a hundred times, and I will keep doing so. It is fantasy, and a bit darker than some people can handle, but it is so well written. Even though I know the book so well, I go back to it two or three times a year to reread it because I love it so much. The characters draw you in so well, and everything is beautiful, even the ugly parts.
BlameNargles
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blamenargles.html

Post by BlameNargles »

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemoney Snicket, oh how these books bring back so many memories

-- 26 Nov 2014, 05:23 --

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemoney Snicket, oh how these books bring back so many memories
lolripops
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolripops.html

Post by lolripops »

CLOCKWORK PRINCE- CASSANDRA CLARE
There's a lot of character development and as middle book, most of the plot takes place in it.
lovablegeek123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovablegeek123.html

Post by lovablegeek123 »

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman. It's like The Secret Life of Bees meets The Help
mayaamayy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayaamayy.html

Post by mayaamayy »

Any of the Harry Potter books

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”