What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
dakimmel
Bookshelf Size: 31

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by dakimmel »

So many good books from so many authors. I would probably go back to Lord of the Rings, mainly because it was the first epic fantasy that I'd ever read and it really got me hooked on reading (and not just sci-fi/fantasy).
RedHeadCowgirl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RedHeadCowgirl »

I have so many favorites but one that I always seem to ask people if they have read is Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. I had actually read Mrs. de Winter before reading Rebecca and that is how I got intrigued. If you haven't read Rebecca, I suggest it. It is mix of romance, naivety, mystery and more rolled into one book. There is a movie based on this book but like I always say the book is twice better and in this case it is 10 time better than film. You can feel what every character is like and you get a clear picture of what they look like. It will definitely draw you in and when it's over you just want more!
nicsotir7213
Currently Reading: Team of Rivals
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicsotir7213.html

Post by nicsotir7213 »

Wow! The list would be long but Night by Elie Wiesel would be on the list, Murder on the Orient Express, the Millennium Triology by Larrson, Lonsome Dove, Hamlet...

How can you choose just one?
jungkookblog
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jungkookblog.html

Post by jungkookblog »

Right now, its the Cinder series because its so cool
starsealsseo

Post by starsealsseo »

My favorite book holy quran.
Alexa_Fernandez

Post by Alexa_Fernandez »

I used to like A Clockwork Orange, but I don't think I have a favorite book anymore.
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

Mine is The Trial by Franz Kafka. It's because it introduced me to a new type of books I never read before.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

That's always a tough one for me. There are so many books that I love for so many different reasons. For a long time my favorite was Stephen King's The Shining. I love that one for so many different reasons- it was probably the first Stephen King book that I ever read, and I remember as a child it definitely creeped me out. It is a book that I often go back to and re-read. Another one of my favoirtes (yes, another Stephen King) is Bag of Bones. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for a good ghost story.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Punt123

Post by Punt123 »

Picking a book is like picking a favourite child IMPOSSIBLE :)
Cat17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat17.html

Post by Cat17 »

Favorite book ? Just one ? I can't have just one lol my favorite books are Divergent and then the mortal instrument series
tjacquez
Currently Reading: Orphan Train
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjacquez.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by tjacquez »

Dune by Frank Herbert is my favorite. The combination of Science Fiction, Politics, and Religion is done beautifully and makes you think about what you would do in such a situation.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I'm supposed to have a favorite book? That might be one of the hardest questions ever asked of a person. As a young child, it was probably Little House on the Prairie (the whole series). As a teenager, I vicariously read anything by the Bronte sisters. I'm not sure I can pick "just one" as an adult. There are just too many great books out there.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Eggplant
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eggplant.html

Post by Eggplant »

I love anything by Tom Robbins and Jitterbug Perfume has my all time favorite vote.
Sowens

Post by Sowens »

I will never in my life be able to pinpoint my favorite book. It's a great question, but to me it's like asking do you breathe. Lately I've been reading a ton of Neil Gaiman books. So currently he's my favorite author. I go between a lot of genres so I'm always keeping my mind on its toes.
tobimiley
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 854">Boy's Life</a>
Currently Reading: A Song of Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by tobimiley »

My favorite book of all time is Boy's Life by Robert McCammon. This book defies genre. It's a murder mystery, a coming of age story, a ghost story, a thriller, a slice of life and, quite possibly, the best book I've ever read. I have read this book easily 10+ times. McCammon brings all of his considerable talents to bear in this wonderful adventure. I don't want to give away anything if you haven't read it yet so I will just say this; find and read the poem at the front of the book. If you like the poem you will love the book. If you don't, well I can't help you then. To everyone that reads this...you're welcome in advance.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”