What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
paintedcoral
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by paintedcoral »

Wow.
If we're talking about emotional stimulation, and a prose that you can contemplate for hours.. easily, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman. My favorite poem in it is O Me! O Life!
It has relate able woes, that each of us normally feel alone with.

For adventure. SHANTARAM. The book is so amazing. Makes you wonder what amazing things you could go do yourself.
Hawgangel67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hawgangel67.html

Post by Hawgangel67 »

My favorite book is Watership Down, and yes, it is a book about rabbits. I happen to really love rabbits. This book lets you peek in on the unknown world of those cute little animals with the white tails; to see how their society works and live in the world through their eyes. The book I had as a child disappeared somewhere, but is now back, thanks to a $.50 copy at a garage sale. I will always remember this book - one of my first grown-up reads as a kid.
Nikkilynnesix-
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Nikkilynnesix- »

My favourite book is Outlander by Diana Galbadon(I know I spelt that wrong sorry). I love the way she has woven fiction with fact and folklore as well. When I started reading this book I literally could not put it down. It introduces us to a part of the Scottish heritage that we didn't get to see very often in movies. It showed us about how nature was used for healing ailments and how the church at the time would consider these people possessed and just let them die. And the love story between Claire and Jamie is so intense, they were soul mates much more than her love with Frank which was real but not like the whole embodiment of Claire and Jamie. I also liked the way we learned of how a Scottish clan worked and the loyalty that was demanded by the lord of the clan but more so the whole ceremony of how these were carried out. I recommend this book and the rest of the series to everyone. And please don't go by the the Television series that is now on tv. I love the show but of course with it being only allotted so much time and content there are many interesting and important events and details that had to be left out. Happy reading.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I've read a lot of really amazing books but if i have to choose one, it would be To Kill a Mockingbird. I love Scout's tomboyish and sassy ways. :P
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Maegan101
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maegan101.html
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia

Post by Maegan101 »

I absolutely love The Vampire Lestat. I feel more and more for the character every time I reread it.
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia
lilac4689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilac4689.html

Post by lilac4689 »

I don't have a specific favorite book but I love the book the hunger games a lot so yeah maybe that's my favorite book.
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

it is truly hard to choose jst one...bt um gnna go with angels and demons by Dan Brown and also the alchemist by paola coelho.just fantastic..... I would recommend others. the first one is thriller and the second one is a classic. :D
SandraTWP-BRW
Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by SandraTWP-BRW »

My all time favorite wbook is C.S. Lewis's Till We Have Faces.

My favorite fiction work is Calculating God

(yes, I know, the Lewis title is fiction, but it's so heavily meaphorical I never feel like it's fiction)

I'm not saying they are the best books I've ever read, but they're my favorites.
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
leonidasparta

Post by leonidasparta »

Inside Cuban Cigars is my favorite book. When i buy cuban cigars first i read it.
It is my first and favorite book.
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

My all time favorite book would have to be The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. My friend had to read it for a course and demanded I read it when she was done...I'm glad she did! Its beautifully told and I loved reading it (a few times over).
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Maegan101 wrote:I absolutely love The Vampire Lestat. I feel more and more for the character every time I reread it.
Ooh, that's a good one! I read it a few years ago. Might be a good one to read again! :)
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Tiff-thebookworm
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiff-thebookworm.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Tiff-thebookworm »

Yes definitely one of the hardest questions ever asked. If you asked me what my favorite movie is that's the easiest one of all and it happens to be Forrest Gump. hmmmmm.................. screw it here are my top three favorite books. Num 1 Kevlar To My Vest by Lani Lynn Vale Num 2 Boomtown by Lani Lynn Vale Num 3 Lowlander Silverback by T.S. Joyce
Though I walk by day, I treasure my nights with you.
Steff716

Post by Steff716 »

Molokai is a great historical fiction brings you right to the times of the islands
tabithabrock
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabithabrock.html

Post by tabithabrock »

My favorite book would have to be John Irving's "The Cider House Rules." It definitely opened my eyes and made me consider some things that I would have never thought possible. It also gives you that complicated love triangle that everyone loves.
Garima Om

Post by Garima Om »

Hi,

My favorite is "If Truth Be Told:A Monk's Memoir" by Om Swami.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”