What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
thebookworm4ever
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookworm4ever.html
fav_author_id: 3117

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by thebookworm4ever »

Its very difficult to choose favourites especially since I've read so many amazing books. For me asking me my favorite book is kinda like asking a mother who their favorite child is, it just can't be done.
kelsy_mccullough
Favorite Book: I cant pick
Currently Reading: The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsy-mccullough.html

Post by kelsy_mccullough »

I have a few favorite books; The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, Divergent by Veronica Roth, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine, the Watersong Series by Amanda Hocking.
CourtneyRac1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtneyrac1.html

Post by CourtneyRac1 »

Halo by Eric. S Nylund
khi_ara_ortega
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khi-ara-ortega.html

Post by khi_ara_ortega »

I actually have two favorite books. The first one is The Noticer by Andy Andrews. The second would have to be Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I probably favor say more books but these I enjoy reading over and over.
mariakrit
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakrit.html

Post by mariakrit »

my favourite book is harry potter series!!i instantly fell in love with rowling's writing,just captivating!
MyraMoxie

Post by MyraMoxie »

This is very much a mood thing for me, but my first and all time favorite is 1984. I like a lot of Stephen King. A book I have read a few times that no one else has heard of is Micheal Kimbles Undone. My favorite new author is Martin Hengst, his The Last Swordmage Trilogy is awesome.
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

Tough question. Up at the top are Bleak House and David Copperfield by Dickens. East of Eden (Steinbeck) too. Also Moby Dick by Melville.
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
kallee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kallee.html

Post by kallee »

I love "Les Miserables"
cgrice
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgrice.html

Post by cgrice »

I have several favorites such as The Human Comedy by William Saroyan, Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns, and just about any book by Richard Paul Evans. All of these books are about people who have close bounds with their families and/or communities.
fonki

Post by fonki »

I gauge my favourite book on those which I got the most out of - The Alchemist and To Kill a Mockingbird

-- 25 Apr 2014, 20:25 --

Star of the sea - Joseph O'Connor
mathman101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mathman101.html

Post by mathman101 »

The Beyonders Series
AddisoMLeo

Post by AddisoMLeo »

I'd say... either "The Book Thief", "Romeo and Juliet" or "House of Hades", all of them are fantastic and just- very close to my heart.
NekrotikKannibal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nekrotikkannibal.html

Post by NekrotikKannibal »

I think my favorite book, which is also the same one that I could reread over and over again, would have to be Anne Rice's The Vampire Armand. I think it's possibly one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.
itskategee

Post by itskategee »

I got asked this question a lot and then I would just be like "I really like this book.. Oh, but I also like this one" so I just decided that I cannot have a favorite book. I just could think of a lot of books I really enjoyed and got so hooked with that I could not choose one. I don't think I could narrow it down to one favorite, that would be impossible for me.
kbrewster01
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kbrewster01.html

Post by kbrewster01 »

I read constantly so it is very hard to narrow it down, but I've narrowed it down to two: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and Exit the Actress by Priya Parmar. Jane Eyre is one of my favorites because of her personality in that particular time period: women were not supposed to be as headstrong and independent as she was. Exit the Actress was written in a way that I'm not used to; the story was told through playbills, letters, newspaper articles, diary entries, and so on. The way it was told combined with the addictive storyline is why the book has stuck in my mind.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”