What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
H_M_Mcghee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by H_M_Mcghee »

I read through these posts, and I saw lots of great books mentioned. I'll admit that I'm a typical girly-girly kind of woman, and I love anything with romance (though I am proud to admit that I have NOT read any of the Fifty Shades books). My favorite book of all time has to be Persuasion by Jane Austen. However, I know some die-hard Austen fans that would argue past their last breaths about Persuasion being her best story, but I've always felt that there was a maturity in that story I didn't read in all the others.
I've also read The Wheel Of Time series, and I have agree with LinkPromo about them. Somewhere past the fifth book, I just lost all ability to keep up.
acordaro
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acordaro.html

Post by acordaro »

The hobbit has always had a special place in my heart. When I was a child I was given a collector's edition and fell in love with the magical mystical world...
Lilapo9
Favorite Author: Diane Duane
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 29675">The Ministry of Cantors</a>
Currently Reading: Handbook for Cantors
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilapo9.html
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
Reading Device: B00EM3WGYY
fav_author_id: 4363

Post by Lilapo9 »

alexjames72 wrote:My favorite book is really a series of books. The Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel. The first is Clan of the Cave Bear.
That was a good series. I remember reading them in high school back in the early 80's. I also liked the Dragonriders of Pern then too. Both series have changed a bit since I read them. It is interesting to see how some things get changed to appeal to a new audience.
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
amandanicole books
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandanicole-books.html

Post by amandanicole books »

The French lieutenants woman. The oppression is eye opening and that knowledge is liberating, its important to understand cultures and novels convey certain times I was not around to experience.
shruti rawat

Post by shruti rawat »

Mine is "Thousand Splendid Suns" and "Palace of illusions". The way they stir up emotions is amazing. Thumbs up to them.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

A lot of it depends on what my mood is at the time and what books I've been reading lately. East of Eden is an eternal favorite, but lately I've been growing fond of Cinder, which may have influenced a serialized novel I just started.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
Booklover_1999
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-1999.html

Post by Booklover_1999 »

The Maze Runner :D
Eiles77
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eiles77.html

Post by Eiles77 »

I adore To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and am over the moon at the news of a sequel (Watchman) coming in July!
Dbhst81
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbhst81.html

Post by Dbhst81 »

I read a lot of books so it's tough to co,e up with one all time favorite. I think the two books that I have never forgotten and have reread the most are Witches of Blackbird Pond and Alas, Babylon. To Kill A Mockingbird is also pretty high on the list. The more I think about it the more I come up with!!!
tavaughan_83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaughan-83.html

Post by tavaughan_83 »

So many, I love a lot of books. But I'm going to go with ones that hit an emotional note with me, there are a few. For sure, every Harry Potter, pretty much anything by Roald Dahl and Dr. Seuss, Where The Wild Things Are, the Odd Thomas series, The Hunger Games series, It, Hearts In Atlantis, The Body, Doctor Sleep, Catcher in the Rye, Tuesday's With Morrie, The Five People You''ll Meet in Heaven and The Fault in Our Stars. I'm sure I'm leaving some out, but these came to mind first.
brittrussell214

Post by brittrussell214 »

Gone With the Wind has been my favorite book since I picked it up as a senior in high school. I reread it at least once a year. I guess since I'm a southern girl myself, there's just something about Scarlette O'Hara that draws me to her, even though she's a horrible person. Not to mention, Clarke Gable was my first celebrity man crush. *swoon*
anca
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anca.html

Post by anca »

it's extremely hard to mention only one; as a child i was fascinated by The Count of Monte Cristo; now to choose only one...i love classic books, for their ability to make me loose myself in a specific time and culture; i like eat,pray and love for being an honest book written in a moment where one has to take a direction in a difficult period of one's life; it felt like listening to a dear's friend confession, who needed no advice, but a mere active listener
flyonthewall

Post by flyonthewall »

My favorite book would be To kill a mocking bird. Was forced to read it in school, but enjoyied it when I did.
Maryv61
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryv61.html

Post by Maryv61 »

I would have to say that my favorite book is Battlefield of the mind because it focuses on how to direct our thoughts in order for our actions to follow through. I found it to be so helpful that I have to read it again and again when I feel out of control.
Innateray
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innateray.html

Post by Innateray »

Oh gosh there are so many favorites that sometimes it's hard to just choose one. The most recent book published in the last decade that I have read over and over would be Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. The book was absolutely captivating and every time I read it I seem to get lost in the world of the circus, the chaos surrounding the circus and the romance that kindles between the characters.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”