What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Cat Suelo
Currently Reading: Three Filipino Women
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-suelo.html

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by Cat Suelo »

I'm sorry Jane Austen but Pride and Prejudice must give way to Thackeray's Vanity Fair.
Mani_91
Currently Reading: Deep
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mani-91.html

Post by Mani_91 »

I think it is hard to pick a favorite one out of the all the books I have just consumed in all these years. As they all must be good if I have I been glued to them till the END! :-) Still if asked to pick a one I would go for Double Standards by Judith McNaught .
khristine_jheinie07
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khristine-jheinie07.html

Post by khristine_jheinie07 »

My favorite book is fifty shades of grey ♡
kateuan
Favorite Author: Marguerite Yourcenar
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by kateuan »

Alexis by Marguerite Yourcenar
RTram

Post by RTram »

Even though I'm sure I'll catch some judgement, I love Eat, Pray, Love. It really dives into the topic of getting to know yourself and being comfortable with the person you are. It also touches on the idea of pushing yourself to be the best version of yourself that you can be. I think Elizabeth Gilbert has a very honest style of writing that I love.
GABRIELLE70390
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle70390.html

Post by GABRIELLE70390 »

My favorite book would have to be any of the xanth series by piers Anthony
Max Tyrone
Favorite Author: William Faulkner
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2696">One Hundred Years of Solitude</a>
Currently Reading: Pastoralia
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tyrone.html
Latest Review: "Design Of Life" by Martyn Anthony Rich
fav_author_id: 8089

Post by Max Tyrone »

During the entire two years that I have read novels (I am a baby in this), my favorite would have to be "One Hundred Years of Solitude" for its magical realism, for Garcia Marquez's prose--his long and powerful sentences enthrall me to no end--the theme of reflection, the list goes on.
Latest Review: "Design Of Life" by Martyn Anthony Rich
angela_10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-10.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by angela_10 »

A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby is one of my favorites. I really enjoy the characters and how one decision can bring such an odd group of people together. I enjoy Nick Hornby's writing in general, but this one is my favorite.
shinthebookworm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinthebookworm.html

Post by shinthebookworm »

My favorite book is Dean Koontz's From the Corner of His Eye. It's very interesting read that's related with quantum theory.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

The Gambler by Dostoevsky is my favorite book
Jenn_W
Currently Reading: Nos4A2

Post by Jenn_W »

I took some time to really think this through, I will admit it is hard for me to narrow it down to one book. Out of everything that I've read, it comes down to a simple book of poetry. Hold fast to dreams by Arna Bontemps.
When I get to the point that a book I read is still stuck in my head and I refuse to start a new one, I turn to that book. It gives me closer to whatever book I had just finished.
It is best said "You know that place between sleep and awake, a place where you can still remember dreaming, that's where I'll always love you that's where I'll be waiting!
It holds the best spot on my shelf. Simply waiting for the next time I will need it to get me through limbo. It sits next to Flush, by Virginia Woolf; When we were very young, by A.A Milne; The adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by A.C. Doyle.
And when it comes down to my favorite novel I must say Heart Shaped Box, by Joe Hill. When I saw the cover of that book it was love at first sight. When I finally got to read it, it was even better then I was expecting!
Ventis
Favorite Author: Eco and Tolkie
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ventis.html

Post by Ventis »

I have two. :)
One is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. I have a sentimental relationship with it; it had literally saved my life.
And the other one is Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, that discovered postmodern literature to me. My world has never been the same since.
cap78
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by cap78 »

Ventis wrote:I have two. :)
One is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. I have a sentimental relationship with it; it had literally saved my life.
And the other one is Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, that discovered postmodern literature to me. My world has never been the same since.
There is a story here
caracorrenti
Currently Reading: Come Fly with Me
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caracorrenti.html

Post by caracorrenti »

You know, I'd have to say The Bible. I have major anxiety and when I read some of the more positive and encouraging scriptures, I always feel better. This is something that even the strongest medication can't accomplish.
lcwpatterson

Post by lcwpatterson »

I can't ever choose a single book to list as my favorite. There are weeks when I will read a book a day so I always say that my favorite book is the one I am reading at the moment. I generally read fiction and enjoy romance novels, suspense, historical, paranormal...the list is endless!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”