What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
osborne2908
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by osborne2908 »

I have so many favourite books but for a book group application near me, I had to choose three of my favourites. I decided first and foremost is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. This book is sensational, it took me a few chapters to understand what was happening but once I got into it, I didn't eat or sleep till I had finished it. The way in which Rothfuss takes us from the childhood to the adulthood of his protagonist is sensational. I was wrapped up completely and the world and characters came alive. The character is written in a way that makes you route for him from the beginning and we can see so many dimensions to the character. This book is world building at it's best and we travel around with the character and experience so much within just one book. There is so much I could say about this book but I will leave it there. The second book I would choose is The Pact by Jodi Picoult, this book actually made me fail an assignment, Picoult had me pacing up and down my room trying to work out what the twist was. This book was a testament to Picoult's ability to create suspense and hit us with the twist at the end when she was ready. I loved the different points of view throughout the book it really gave an all rounded view of the situation and it allowed us to see the ripple effect that someone's death can cause. Another of my favourite books was Remember Me by Lesley Pearse, I am not normally a fan of historical fiction but I decided to give this ago at the recommendation of my aunt. I am so glad that I did, I found the main character one of the most inspirational people that I have ever read. Her resourcefulness, her determination and her instincts for survival made me question my own strength. For me this book was all about the protagonist and the events that she was forced to endure. The historical element, whilst interesting was a side issue for me. When I learned that this was based on a true story it made the novel mean even more to me. I think that this book is a testament to how to create a truly vivid and real character and also I think that it shows the resilience of women and their strength.
Jonesthescribe86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesthescribe86.html

Post by Jonesthescribe86 »

Catcher in the Rye. Changed my life. But not in the way you think. It's the first book I'd read that featured profanity haha
Crossroad Readers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossroad-readers.html
Latest Review: "Love for One" by Stacey Haga

Post by Crossroad Readers »

I have read hundreds of books but if I had to pick one favorite I'd have to say it would be The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I don't what it is about that book but it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Latest Review: "Love for One" by Stacey Haga
wondamom321

Post by wondamom321 »

My favorite book is A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle. This is a book that I enjoyed in my childhood and will never forget.
Jennifer1977

Post by Jennifer1977 »

James Patterson. And the Cross series. I think that he story line was kept up and kept exciting even through the 4 books that were in the series. I think that James Patterson has a real knack in bringing great detail into situations throuought the book in order to paint a picture for the reader.
megsm07
Currently Reading: interrupted
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megsm07.html

Post by megsm07 »

My go-to book would be Boy's Life by Robert McGammon. Its full of classic southern charm, mystery, and the magic of imagination. It's the book I turn to when I need the comfort of an old friend.
sphillips44
Favorite Author: Deirdre Martin
Currently Reading: Marcelo in the Real World
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sphillips44.html
Latest Review: "The Wrong Daughter" by Kathryn Rishoff
fav_author_id: 20173

Post by sphillips44 »

Clq27 wrote:The Angel's Trilogy by Lurlene McDaniel
YES! Any Lurlene McDaniels book is magnificent! :D
Latest Review: "The Wrong Daughter" by Kathryn Rishoff
snugbug
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snugbug.html

Post by snugbug »

I have too many, but as of right now either "Harley, like a person" or "Willow".
VinuW
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinuw.html
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
fav_author_id: 782

Post by VinuW »

It changes from time to time, but currently I love Last Sacrifice, the last novel of the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I read it about one and a half years ago, but so far, it's my favourite book.
“He who jumps may fall, but he may also fly. It’s time to jump.” Lauren Oliver, Requiem
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
aybige

Post by aybige »

My favourite book is "Solaris" by Polish writer Stanisław Lem. It is very surrealistic and mysterious. When I was reading it, I was never sure what is the truth and what is a creation of the characters' minds.
ValtearTheShadebane
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valteartheshadebane.html
Latest Review: "The Children of Cain" by David R. Bishop & J. Scott Cordero

Post by ValtearTheShadebane »

I have many favorites but the only ones I can think of right now are The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis, Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, Animal Farm by George Orwell, and The Gift by Patrick O'Leary.
Latest Review: "The Children of Cain" by David R. Bishop & J. Scott Cordero
eglang

Post by eglang »

That is like choosing between children!

One I like to return to year after year is Laura by Vera Caspery. Great book, interesting format.
I have been reading a log of the Craig Johnson books -- Spirit of Steamboat was one I really liked.
TMGarnett01
Currently Reading: Dracula
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tmgarnett01.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by TMGarnett01 »

I have many favorites but my top book on the list is Persuasion by Jane Austen. Her book of love lost and found again complicated by family and pride is perfect. The characters are so love and hate and the reader is pulled in to feel sympathy and loathing at various parts. If anyone has passed on Austen, this is the one book they should read.
eglang

Post by eglang »

Persuasion is my favorite Austen book. It was interesting to read Becoming Jane and finding out how much she hated Bath.
TicaCS
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by TicaCS »

My favorite book is... jaja a bunch of them! but I really love the count of montecristo by Alejando Dummas, the intrigue... the mistery.. even the love story... it is the perfect book!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”