What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
morgan_tay
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-tay.html

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by morgan_tay »

I have a slight obsession with books that take place during the roaring 20s. My absolute favorite is The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. She does an incredible job of portraying the reality of the Hemingways' relationship without too much embellishment, however also creates a story that is so incredibly heartbreaking that you can't help but go into a depression yourself!
DeeDeey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deedeey.html

Post by DeeDeey »

Wow. So hard to say. :?
soysauce
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soysauce.html

Post by soysauce »

The Book Thief by Mark Zusak
amandabbeck
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandabbeck.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by amandabbeck »

I have quite a few favorite books. Gone With the Wind, Rebecca, The Switch, The Stand are some of my very favorites.
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadinetimes10.html
Latest Review: Joletta’s Dreams by Karen Craker Forester

Post by NadineTimes10 »

John Nielson Had a Daughter by Ruth Livingston Hill (later republished with the title The Homecoming.) Too make a long and complicated personal story short and simple, the novel saved my life when I was thirteen years old. Showed this lifelong bookworm the power of literature on a whole new level.
plastikstars
Currently Reading: daughters of the moon
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plastikstars.html

Post by plastikstars »

My favorite series would probably have to be the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. As for my utmost favorite book of all time, I cannot decide. It changes all the time, sadly. I think I have a favorite book for every mood and season, ha!
allwritemel1967

Post by allwritemel1967 »

I have LOADS of favourites! Any Alex Cross books by James Patterson, Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor, A Lotus Grows in the Mud (I THINK thats it's name - Goldie Hawn autobiography) and Little House at the Corner to name just a few ...
Gjacks
Favorite Author: Walt Whitman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gjacks.html
Reading Device: B00DVFLJDS
fav_author_id: 4925

Post by Gjacks »

It's hard to pick just one favorite, but a book that I go back to over and over again is Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass. It's such a personal book. And with each read through, I find that I am able to connect each poem to a different feeling or memory. I usually like to read Walt's poems when I'm in sort of a slump because he writes in this sort of motivational/therapeutic way. His poems are multilayer and I always feel like he's saying, "lets work through our troubles together."
Low Shin-Ji
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-low-shin-ji.html

Post by Low Shin-Ji »

I am not sure if I have found my ultimate favourite book but some of my favourites are the infamous Freakonomics (not a story) and The Fault in Our Stars. While it is not a story, Freakonomics changed the way I things in the world. It made me look at things for what they truly are not what they should be or at least my attempt in search for it.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. A book that I read without really understanding what I was getting myself into. It was a book that was the window to a world of reading and analysis. There were several things in the book that was left up to my interpretation and boy did I go far with some of them. Whatever the case is, TFIOS will always have a special place to me.
allwritemel1967

Post by allwritemel1967 »

The other book I come back to over and over again, at least once a year, is Old Sins by Penny Vincenzi, which is by far her best book.
aimel369
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimel369.html
Reading Device: B00I8XELOM

Post by aimel369 »

my favorite book is "Awakening life" i don't remember the author's name as I read it a long time ago. And it's not even a published book. I read it on Wattpad. But it was really soul touching book
abasto123
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abasto123.html

Post by abasto123 »

I have quite a few books that are my faves, it really depends on my mood!

-- 16 Apr 2015, 07:42 --

I have quite a few books that are my faves, it really depends on my mood! I'm big on romance novels or young adult novels.
Lizmore
Currently Reading: The Map of Time
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizmore.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lizmore »

OMG how could I possibly pick one favorite lol
alauddinkaka

Post by alauddinkaka »

Every man has different opinion. It is very hard to say which book is favorite. The Holy Qur'an is my favorite one.
BookWorm82

Post by BookWorm82 »

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”