What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Emmers00
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmers00.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by Emmers00 »

Entwined by Heather Dixon
Who being loved, is poor?-Mother Theresa
OscarsWildest89
Currently Reading: The Tenants
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oscarswildest89.html

Post by OscarsWildest89 »

My favorite book is Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

There's spoilers in this post

This is the first book I've read that a character, who was actually dead, overshadowed who was supposed to be the main character. There were no supernatural events, but it felt like there was a spirit in every scene in the book. The main character was so overshadowed by the dead girl, that her name was never even revealed. The plot took a crazy twist that left my mouth hanging for at least a good 10 minutes. Very memorable book with astonishingly creative characters.
Laura_amyj
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Currently Reading: The Psychopath Test
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-amyj.html
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Laura_amyj »

My favourite book is currently The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, I say currently because my favourite book changes from month to month!
random29
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-random29.html
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by random29 »

Favorite book well at this point in my life is

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

It is one of the best fantasy novels I have read, one of the few books that I have re-read, and one of the fewer books that made me cry. Just love the characters and their flaws.
BookAddict1211
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaddict1211.html

Post by BookAddict1211 »

I like all the books I have read by Jana DeLeon. She is absolutely amazing.
rhoerner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhoerner.html

Post by rhoerner »

The Giver by Lois Lowry. I could re-read this book a million times and never get tired of it. It was part of the assigned reading in 6th grade and it's one of the many reasons I love reading.
kelli0808
Bookshelf Size: 801

Post by kelli0808 »

The stand by Stephen King. I have read it too many times to count.
Britleigh
Currently Reading: Burned
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Britleigh »

I don't have a favorite book, I have a favorite series. Anita Blake vampire hunter by laurell k Hamilton. Everything about it is amazing, it's always interesting, there is always a twist you can't predict, no matter how smart you are. The best part, every single book in the series gets better and better as you reread them. I highly recommend them to everyone I know, and everyone who will listen.
readin_ninja
Currently Reading: scion of ikshvaku
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by readin_ninja »

Harry potter series is my all time favourite :D
Sarah Clay
Favorite Author: Charles Dickens
Currently Reading: Lost in the Wilderness
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-clay.html
Latest Review: "The Lob Mob" by Tell Tale
fav_author_id: 2384

Post by Sarah Clay »

Definitely Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I read it at fifteen and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure why exactly--all I know is that I found myself binge-reading a *classic novel* on a school night, weeks before it was due. Dickens is the best.
Latest Review: "The Lob Mob" by Tell Tale
missbookworm

Post by missbookworm »

My favorite series is Harry Potter.

Hmmm, a favorite book, though? I would have to say it would be Patience and Sarah by Isabell Miller. It was my first LGBT book, and I remember being so happy that I finally found something that portrayed two girls being in love, instead of the stereotype that I was used to seeing in movies (that all they do is just jump each other, and that's pretty much it). I thought it was romantic, and I love it.
laura419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura419.html

Post by laura419 »

My favorite book? Like everyone else in this forum, I seem to have many favorites from old to new and in between! I remember books by Chaucer; particularly Canterbury Tales and who hasn't read The Fall of the House of Usher or The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee still comes to mind years after I last read it; Anne McCaffrey's Pern series was one I read until the books fell apart; Eric Flint and his 1632 series is well-written and historically accurate; The Honor Harrington series by David Weber; Kitchen Soup; anything at all by Erma Bombeck are just a few.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

To this day, I have to say the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling is still my favorite. I first started reading Harry Potter late middle school. At first, I wasn't convinced that I would like it (I hate to say it, but I used to dislike reading when I was younger). However, when giving Harry Potter a real chance, I come to realize how much fun and wonderful reading can be.

I owe my love of reading to J.K. Rowling and her creative world of Harry Potter. So, thank you Ms. Rowling for allowing me to enter this young wizard's magical and therefore begin my love for reading!
zjones99
Favorite Author: John Green
Currently Reading: Binge
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zjones99.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by zjones99 »

My favorite book ever would probably have to be the Hunger Games: Catching Fire or The Fault in Our Stars. I know there are lots of older books that are quite amazing, but for me I like current novels and the YA genre. These two books have such great characters it is hard not to connect to them one way or another. Catching Fire is an amazing second book in the Hunger Games Trilogy with the new arena and the Quarter Quell twist it is just so much fun to read. The Fault in Our stars is just an amazing love story. The connection Hazel and Augustus have is just something to be jealous of. It makes you wonder if a story like theirs has actually ever happened.
Chynalan
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chynalan.html

Post by Chynalan »

I don't just have one!!! If I've got to pick something, I'd say, "She's one of the boys". It's an amateur book I've read on Wattpad. It's in the werewolf YA fantasy genre & it's AMAZING!! The author is lily-rain. She even made a sequel!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”