What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Selahsings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by Selahsings »

Picking one is impossible. However, that said, the first book that became a favorite of mine is "A Wrinkle in Time". The next after that was "Green Mansions". In self help types of books, hands down it would be "A Road Less Traveled". In religion/faith books probably "Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?". I could not pick one from children's books - however the one that sticks out the most in my childhood when my mother read to us is "The Borrowers". History it might be "The Killer Angels" - although that is historical fiction not history. Pure history, I love "Black Jack Patton" Fantasy and SciFi are also categories where there is no one favorite. Adore the M.Y.T.H. series, Lyrec, Tekla, Jherig, Dragon Riders, Children of the Blue Djinn. Along with many others :geek:
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

I don't think I have an all time favorite but over the years "Chronicles of Narnia", "Memoirs of a Geisha", "Atlas Shrugged", "The Constant Princess" and "Pollyanna" have all been really important to me.
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
AWaugh0531
Currently Reading: 11.22.63
Bookshelf Size: 93

Post by AWaugh0531 »

Out of all of the books I have ever read, Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark has always stuck in my mind. Beautifully written, captivating story... I can't really complain! Beyond that, anything by Stuart Woods!

Thanks!
iamtai
Currently Reading: Elyon
Bookshelf Size: 1101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamtai.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz & Richard Allen Waite

Post by iamtai »

My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee touches on a sensitive subject in such a way that isn't offensive but still shows how life really was. On the flip side, I regret reading Go Set a Watchman, her second book. It was written first and was supposed to be what TKAM is, but publisher's thought it was too harsh and racy. AGREED.
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz & Richard Allen Waite
Euthyphr0
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Euthyphr0 »

My two favorite novels at this point are either "The Good Soldier Schweik" by Jaroslav Hasek or "The Brothers Karamazov" By F. Dostoyevsky.
sdrreads

Post by sdrreads »

When attempting to choose a favorite book, I am able to narrow it down to two. The bridges of Madison county and a river runs through it. I love both of these books for the emotions they bring about. No matter how many times I read them, I am so deeply stirred with such a wide range of emotion. I believe that most people are able to relate to the stories of these characters in one way or another.....another feature making these books so powerful.
Metomorpher
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39907">The Bachman Books</a>
Currently Reading: The Sky Drifter
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-metomorpher.html

Post by Metomorpher »

It's always hard to pick a favourite book -much like choosing a favourite childhood toy or memory. In a way the book I usually choose is a childhood memory, my mother used to read to me and my brothers and my favourite book that she read to us was The Lord of The Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien; I loved the way she made the poetry come alive and remembering her read Eowyn saying "I am no Man!" brings me right back to the sun-drenched carpet on which I first heard those words read.
madelinexf
Currently Reading: Sweet Possession
Bookshelf Size: 66

Post by madelinexf »

Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans

I don't speak French or a red head. But I can definitely relate to the character in many ways which entertains me.
Deystorm
Favorite Author: Tom Clancy Lee Child
Currently Reading: Stalker
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reading Device: B00HNOWHRU

Post by Deystorm »

My favourite book is "Goldeneye" by John Gardner.
That is because I love the Bond-movie "Goldeneye" too!
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

I have a new favorite. Blue Sun, Yellow Sky by Jamie Jo Hoang, a self-published book that would give NY Times Bestsellers a run for their for their money. In it, an artist has only six to eight weeks before she goes blind. She decides to see the world while she still can.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
szaje
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-szaje.html

Post by szaje »

I cannot choose one favorite book. Right now it is a tie between I am Charlotte Simmonsby Tom Wolfe and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
bookkeeper85
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by bookkeeper85 »

My favorite is probably And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I read it for the first time when I was in middle or high school and have reread it several times since. It is just a great story.
Beancake1704
Favorite Author: Harlan Coben
Currently Reading: The Hunt
Bookshelf Size: 3
fav_author_id: 3782

Post by Beancake1704 »

My favourite book is Tell No One by Harlan Coben
Booksbooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksbooks.html

Post by Booksbooks »

Not sure it is possible for me to have a favorite, have read so many wonderful books, how could I possibly choose just one!
ShyPageSniffer
Favorite Author: Kate Morton
fav_author_id: 4893

Post by ShyPageSniffer »

The Shadow of the wind by Carlos Ruiz Safon or The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”