What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
littlemissmimi13
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlemissmimi13.html

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by littlemissmimi13 »

I Love a lot of books, but there is one book that comes to mind as I keep coming back to it and it's always the one that my mind jumps to when people ask for book recommendations, the book is called: It's kind of a funny story by Ned Vizzini and I fell in love with it.

It is a YA non-fiction book and the author bought it to life and knew what he was writing about because he also mentions that the book is kind of based on his own experience's in a mental hospital and coping with depression (which is what the book is based on), and I would recommend this to anyone.

There is also a film based on the book, which I thought was quite good based on a separate level meaning if you're not comparing it to the book, as the film kind of begins when you get to chapter 19 in the book, then you'll start recognising what is happening.

The book made me laugh and I swear my eyes teared up a bit, which is quite a hard thing to do is make me cry.
"People are screwed up in this world. I'd rather be with someone screwed up and open about it than somebody perfect and ready to explode"
breidda40
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breidda40.html
Reading Device: B004HZYA6E

Post by breidda40 »

My favorite book is Jane Eyre. Jane is very independent and knows how to speak her mind which for the day was quite unheard of. Charlotte Bronte wrote it in the last 1800's before women had even a modicum of the rights we do today. I love the way she and mister rochester interact. I love their passion and their love.
Drew-MW
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Currently Reading: The Cross of Christ
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drew-mw.html
Latest Review: "Southern Fried Fiction" by Stuart Hotchkiss

Post by Drew-MW »

I would have to say that my favorite book(s) would be the Lord of the Rings trilogy by JRR Tolkien. The intricacy and detail of his world coupled with the sheer potency of the themes he explores makes for a truly wondrous tale.
Latest Review: "Southern Fried Fiction" by Stuart Hotchkiss
groundivy
Currently Reading: Kitchen Confidential
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by groundivy »

by simply picking the books ive read the most times, i would have to say my two favorites are:
moby dick
the order of the phoenix
sometimes, though i find myself completely immersed in a silly cozy mystery. i don't go back and reread them because i already know the endings. but that doesnt really mean that i didnt enjoy our time together!
as a kid, i read The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop. then i read it to my kids when they were younger. it may have been my very first favorite book. it was still good as an adult too.
hilabean

Post by hilabean »

My favorite book is The Fault in Our Stars.
Zoe303
Favorite Book: And Then There Were None
Currently Reading: Around the World in Eighty Days
Bookshelf Size: 240

Post by Zoe303 »

I'm trying to choose one out of three favorites, but I can't! XD It's either "A Walk To Remember" by Nicholas Sparks (Beautiful, touching love story), "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier (Amazing characters; thrilling mystery) or "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie (BEST MYSTERY-CRIME BOOK EVER!).
“Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” –P.J. O’Rourke
petrick9473

Post by petrick9473 »

Favorite book? Only one comes to mind.
Way of the Wolf by E.E. Knight
The starting novel in a series of 11 labeled Vampire Earth. Though this series title originally disinterested me from starting this series, mainly because of Twilight. When I found out that it was about a war-torn 2072 version of what remains of this Earth after the world was shattered and scarred by all manor of major natural disasters on top of an extraterrestrial species called the Kurians who have brought over 5 different alien species along to dominate what remains of this planet, oh did I mention they harvest human life energy through a telepathic link shared with a creature who can jump 12 feet straight up, run as fast as any land animal, see your life energy though solid objects, tear through corrugated steel like card board, and punches a massive syringe-like tongue into your heart through your collar bone(hence "vampire") I was pretty much powerless, buying all 11 books as they released and reading them over and over. Way of the Wolf is the not so gentle introduction to this amazing, terrifying world and deserves to be read at least once by any Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action, or Thriller fan who has ever read a fight for survival novel.
superbookgirl1989

Post by superbookgirl1989 »

Untamed by Steven Jeral Harris. He's some unknown indie author, but I loved that book so much. I HIGHLY recommend the novel. It's a fantastic thriller.
11recruitment

Post by 11recruitment »

really inform you , i like Shakespeare’s books.
dee74
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Dracula</a>
Currently Reading: The Prodigal Son
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee74.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by dee74 »

my favorite book is "miss Hickory"
whitt888
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 511
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitt888.html

Post by whitt888 »

I don't think I could pick A favorite but I absolutely love The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King! :)
LeoNelson

Post by LeoNelson »

My favorite book is Delirium.
Meghavi

Post by Meghavi »

I can't say 1 book that is my ultimate favourite as I always am inquisitive & think next book could be that one for me!
But the few books that I enjoyed reading the most from different genres are:

Master of the game - Sidney Sheldon
Manhunting - Jennifer Crusie
Tuesdays with morrie - Mitch Albom
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hossein
i

romymaria
Currently Reading: The Color Master
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romymaria.html
Latest Review: "Fancy Pants Poetry Volume Two" by Agostino Scafidi

Post by romymaria »

1984 by George Orwell has been my favorite book since I picked it up in the 7th grade. Since then I have read every dystopian novel I can get my hands on. Not only has the book changed the way I think, but it's changed the way I write. Forever a favorite.
Latest Review: "Fancy Pants Poetry Volume Two" by Agostino Scafidi
SimonPhillips
Currently Reading: Battlefield Earth
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simonphillips.html

Post by SimonPhillips »

Im stuck between Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard and The Mist by Stephen King.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”