What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Joyreader
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyreader.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by Joyreader »

First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Clq27
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clq27.html

Post by Clq27 »

The Angel's Trilogy by Lurlene McDaniel
nickysquido

Post by nickysquido »

I love to read children books. I do not have any specific ones. But I read to create my own list of must read books. I like to read books which are helpful in teaching moral values to the children.
litmonster
Currently Reading: Library of Souls
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litmonster.html

Post by litmonster »

It's impossible to have a favorite..I have favorites from my childhood, my adolescence, my early twenties, and I'm sure I will collect more favorites with each passing year. I don't think I could ever choose just one favorite book....
bade-toska
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bade-toska.html

Post by bade-toska »

I have a whole bookshelf of favorites haha. Its so hard to choose! If I had to just choose a couple, I'd say The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness and Ender's Game by Orson Scott
milanismuah
Currently Reading: Beauty and the Feast

Post by milanismuah »

I don't think I could pick a favorite book. I just love to read and fall in love with mostly any books.
nickysquido

Post by nickysquido »

It is difficult to find a particular favorite book but one can a favorite theme of books. A theme could be sports, food, action etc.
litmonster
Currently Reading: Library of Souls
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litmonster.html

Post by litmonster »

To all of those that are actually able to choose a favorite book, what are the parameters of your choice? Why *that* book? Seriously, as someone absolutely incapable of choosing one favorite book, or even just a couple, I would like to know. I'm curious.
staceyreads
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-staceyreads.html

Post by staceyreads »

I love "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It really touched me. Another favorite is "The Memory of Running" by Ron Mclarty. The adventure is cathartic, humorous and sad. You fall in love with the main character right away.
emmawatson009
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by emmawatson009 »

Greg Bear's Queen of Angels is one of my favorite books. I have read probably a dozen times now.
livcags

Post by livcags »

my favorite book is by far Go Ask Alice. Such an amazing book, I brag about it to everyone. I would recommend it to anyone. :D
K_S123

Post by K_S123 »

A favorite book? I don't think so. Lol I love ready dark romance novels with a little dirty in them for the adults. I'm currently reading the breed series by Lori Leigh. So a favorite book, I don't have one I just have books that catch my eye.
moneygirl18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneygirl18.html

Post by moneygirl18 »

I love any book on self help. I am really into growing mentally, financially n spiritually. I find so much power n insight in the spoken or read word. My goal everyday is to learn grow n become better overall. Reading is my classroom, my me time, I find so much power in it. A few of my favorites are Rich Dad Poor Dad, Think n Grow Rich and Out witting the Devil.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

litmonster wrote:To all of those that are actually able to choose a favorite book, what are the parameters of your choice? Why *that* book? Seriously, as someone absolutely incapable of choosing one favorite book, or even just a couple, I would like to know. I'm curious.
To give you some form of answer, for me it is just the one that sticks with me and draws me back to it again and again. It is in my thoughts during the day, and I dwell upon it quite often. It is never boring to read either. This is how it is for me. :mrgreen:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Karen Lopez

Post by Karen Lopez »

So many books have touched my soul over the years it's difficult to state one as the all time favourite.

I still cherish The Folk of the Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton for the wonder it inspired in me as a child and it still sits proudly on my bookshelf.

As a young tweenie The Chronicles of Narnia and The Hobbit took me on wondrous journeys and remain fond memories in my mind.

But now I sit and stare at my bookshelves there is one series of books I would re read over and over - The Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop. This series took me out of my comfort zone of pretty and magical fantasy fiction and into a darker, more adult set of novels. As a result, I broadened my scope of "potential adventures" and accessed different genres and writers with a new sense of acceptance into the darker side of fiction. This series sits high on my list of favourites for the strong female characters, the dark sensuality, the incorporation of the abhorrent aspects of human nature and the way it allowed me to accept these less fluffy books into my world and enjoy them. My bookshelf has been forever changed since meeting Jaenelle.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”