What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Brybear28
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brybear28.html
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
fav_author_id: 2376

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by Brybear28 »

Revealed from the House of Night series. I did not see that ending coming.
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
kimhamlin
Currently Reading: Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimhamlin.html

Post by kimhamlin »

The Bible... It has a little of every genre ever written... It's timeless and beautiful.
didion27
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by didion27 »

I have too many favourites to pick, but to name a few- Just Kids by Patti Smith and 100 years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
salberson 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salberson-10.html

Post by salberson 10 »

GONE WITH THE WIND - Every time I read it I get so caught up in it, I can not put it down.
UmaM
Favorite Author: Harlan Coben -Now
Favorite Book: Murder in Mespotomia
Currently Reading: The Gospel of Judas Iscariot
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umam.html

Post by UmaM »

Lots..There are lots of favourite book depending on my moods, they keep shuffling in the list.If I am forced to pinpoint I would go for Nightfall, Roots,Da Vinci Code, Birds,beasts ..

I love books that has something innovative, a new ideas and humor built in
hasreadit

Post by hasreadit »

The Fault in Our Stars is my favorite because it really resonated with me.

In the action genre my favorite books are American Gods and the fourth book in the Munstromulogist series
cruiz1992
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cruiz1992.html

Post by cruiz1992 »

Not to be a total cliche, but I found The Faults in our Stars to be very touching and beautifully written. I was skeptical because I read it when the movie was being promoted, but I quickly changed my negative tune when I started it. I recommend it!
Titanoboa92
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-titanoboa92.html
Latest Review: "Aim For The Moon" by Gladys Lim

Post by Titanoboa92 »

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy is my favorite book so far.
Latest Review: "Aim For The Moon" by Gladys Lim
Braveheart16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braveheart16.html

Post by Braveheart16 »

It's difficult to pick just one, but Prince of Tides stands out in my mind. I love Pat Conroy's writing and the complexity of the characters and their flaws was so real. I could FEEL their pain....
sghannam86

Post by sghannam86 »

Not sure I have a favorite book, but I definitely have a favorite author. I love the historical romances by Johanna Lindsey and Lisa Kleypas. I can read any of their books and know that it won't lack action, romance, humor, etc. I have read almost every book by both authors and am eagerly awaiting more to come.
Braveheart16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braveheart16.html

Post by Braveheart16 »

I forgot- I think my all time favorite is Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurty.
phases

Post by phases »

Hmmm Well asking me what my favorite book would be is like asking me to pick which one of my children I love most.
Hard! But let me think, maybe "Vampire Academy Series?"
davi_dobson

Post by davi_dobson »

I have VERY many books that are meaningful to my life in differing ways, yet oddly enough, one which has always held a strong influence over me has been Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. This book was part of a list of books I was told to review for a major AP English class project in High School MANY moons ago (lol) ....at first, I dreaded the very thought of opening this book with such a strange name. I remember actually trying to purchase cliff notes in order to get around having to read this dull-sounding bane of my then existence ... to my dismay, when I could not find said cliff notes, I was forced to sit down and actually read the thing....YIKES! I couldn't believe my surprise when I was actually compelled by the character and drawn in to the story.....for me, this was the beginning of a lifelong spiritual journey of discovery. I am not now (and was not then) a Buddhist, but something struck a deep chord in my soul as I read the book then -- even as I think about it today; there was something so real and powerful about the self-denial, the long suffering journey, the climactic transitions and cathartic encounters that moved my soul and spirit. The whole idea of the book held me in a trance in a good way; I don't think I ever would have understood the principles of pain before pleasure, self-sacrifice and denial/dying to self in the same way had I not been exposed to this book. I attribute a healthy dose of credit for my own faith walk to the exposure I have had to numerous world faith movements and to pensive literary works like Siddhartha.
tracy1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy1.html

Post by tracy1 »

I don't have one favorite book. I like a lot of books. But some of my favorite books are Joanne Fluke Mysteries. Also, like Amish fiction by Wanda Brunstetter, Beth Wiseman, Beverly Lewis, and others. Also, like Sweet Home Alabama and Secret Silent Screams.
jennyw2015

Post by jennyw2015 »

It's difficult to narrow it down to one. I experience different feelings for each book I read. Comparing mysteries to romantic novels is like comparing apples to oranges to me. But, if I'm forced to choose, it'd be Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”