What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ashleyalanarx90
Favorite Author: H.G. Wells
Favorite Book: Alice.s Adventures in Wonderland
Currently Reading: March
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleyalanarx90.html

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by ashleyalanarx90 »

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. It's so enchanting to me. A different world full of oddities and foolish nonsense. It's easy for me to be wrapped up in the story. Every time I read it I discover something new about it! It's absolutely wonderful for my taste.
hannahb123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hannahb123 »

Harry Potter!
PinkBrooke91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinkbrooke91.html

Post by PinkBrooke91 »

My favorite book would be hands down Pride and prejudice. I love the witty writing style and the simple yet complicated time period.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

The Keep by F. Paul Wilson.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
ConstantReader1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constantreader1.html

Post by ConstantReader1 »

I find it almost impossible to have just one favorite book. :( However, I do return over and over to an old, small, simple book: "Angels Unaware" by Dale Evans Rogers. It touches my heart, over and over. <3
hyram
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyram.html

Post by hyram »

'Left To Tell' by Immaculee Ilibagiza. Incredible account of a woman surviving the Rwandan genocide through faith & love. HIGHLY recommend!!
Abbydan14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbydan14.html

Post by Abbydan14 »

My favorite childhood book was Ruby Hollar but now my favorite book is always the book or series I am currently reading.
rainydayluck

Post by rainydayluck »

The Outsiders...fell absolutely in love with the characters. It draws you in, I laughed, cried and even yelled at the characters while I read it. Another one is White Oleander, to see life through a lens we don't often even think as a possibility was astounding. The character showed such strength through all the adversities she faced, it was hard to put down. I binge read it until I was finished.
Bhupi

Post by Bhupi »

Like most readers, i have quite a few favourites. But the one book that instantly pops up as THE most favourite is catch22 by joseph heller. I have three copies of the book, purchased at different times (that is another story), and read, or refer to this book very often. Heller's other books, eg something happened and good as gold are close contenders for the best book title that i have ever read. I am looking for people who have read any of hellers books and like them. I believe there are fora where people discuss about various characters of catch22. Basically, i am a hard core heller fan, and would like to connect with other heller fans. My other big craze is history. Anybody out there? Thanks. Bhupi, adelaide, australia
hersheyroxs
Favorite Author: Veronica Roth
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: Legend trilogy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hersheyroxs.html
fav_author_id: 2445

Post by hersheyroxs »

My favorite book is Divergent
Aceebrooks

Post by Aceebrooks »

My number one favorite book of all time is Burned by Ellen Hopkins
Greeneyedphotogirl79
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Favorite Book: 1984
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greeneyedphotogirl79.html
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Greeneyedphotogirl79 »

For many years I loved reading the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich. My reading style has changed to less bubbly and more dark and sinister. I'd say my favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell. This book scares the hell out me worse than any Stephen King novel.
I think it's relevance to today is what scares me. How could someone in the 1940's write about what hasn't happened?
Lilapo9
Favorite Author: Diane Duane
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 29675">The Ministry of Cantors</a>
Currently Reading: Handbook for Cantors
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilapo9.html
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
Reading Device: B00EM3WGYY
fav_author_id: 4363

Post by Lilapo9 »

My favorite book that was not part of a series was Mary of Nazareth by Esther Kellner published in 1958. This was an amazing story from the perspective of Mary. Her thoughts, her feelings and what she endured as the mother of Jesus. This was a powerful read and a very old book.
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
Jcluvxexe

Post by Jcluvxexe »

My favorite books is Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult and Swimsuit by James Patterson. There's so many other books that I love just as much too.
Gizemkuzu
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gizemkuzu.html

Post by Gizemkuzu »

Lately, 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”