What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
maverick37
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by maverick37 »

This one is difficult to answer. I'm not really sure I have a favorite book. When I'm done reading a book, i think that that was my favorite until I read the next. I do have a favorite author. I have read everything that she has written over her career.
lymana1989
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lymana1989 »

Out of the books I have read so far Hollywood Wives by Jackie Collins is my favorite. That was the first novel I read on my own just to read. I was never a reader growing up. A friend recommended it and I've been a reader ever since.
AlyssaDanielle1

Post by AlyssaDanielle1 »

My favorite book is " the outsiders" by S.E Hinton, and i love to read and this year i had to read it for my class and i just fell in love with the book!
Carabella1226
Favorite Author: Everyone
Favorite Book: Anything that pulls me in and holds on
Currently Reading: What am I not reading is the question
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carabella1226.html

Post by Carabella1226 »

I don't really have a favorite, I love almost any book I read. The book I read the most though is The Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
christyfrog35
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christyfrog35.html

Post by christyfrog35 »

It maybe weird but my favorite book is PS I Love You By Barbara Conklin not this is not the book that they made a movie on this is a book from 1981 it was from the Sweet Dreams collection. This book was heart breaking and amazing I have read this book over 100 times I love it.
Kdorsla1

Post by Kdorsla1 »

I could never choose a favorite. There are too many I love.
mazza27
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mazza27.html

Post by mazza27 »

The Ringing cedars series by Vladimir Megre, are by far the most special books i own at the moment.
krystlec

Post by krystlec »

I am a bit cliché , but I loved Triangles. It is kind of a twist on fifty shades of grey...which. also loved. It is just an escape from reality!
lucy_borland
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-borland.html

Post by lucy_borland »

My life was taken over by the series The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. The series consists of -

City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls
City of Heavenly Fire.

This is a strange series for me because I really do not like fantasy. It doesn't interest me and I can't take them seriously. This series, though, sucked me in to the point where when I closed City of Heavenly Fire (which was just the other day) I had no idea what to do with myself. If you like fantasy I highly recommend each of these books for you.
denigco
Favorite Author: Lizzy Charles
Favorite Book: Effortlessly With You
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denigco.html

Post by denigco »

I am currently reading Effortless With You, and it looks like it will top my favorite books of all time.

The first book that I really loved was called "Along for the Ride" it was by the ever so famous Sarah Dessen. It was a really light and fun summer read. I really liked the concept of mysterious guys. Because when they are with other people they would just be plain creepy and weird, but when they are with you or his friends, he would be himself and be all sweet and romantic. And that is how I would describe Eli (hopefully that was his name) of Along for the Ride.

The second book that I loved was "My Life Next Door" by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I waited for this book for about a year because my country sucks with the shipping and all that stuff. But can I just say, that it was totally worth it!! It is the perfect typical young adult novel where neighbours fall in love. In this case it was Jase and Sam. Sam's parents did not like Jase's family because it was all noisy and messy and things like that, but to Sam, it was just all fun. Until he met Jase that changed the whole thing even more. Because from watching them from their house, Sam actually came to their house and met their entire family. For me, it was like an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet, but with a happier ending.

The third book that I loved was Anna and The French Kiss. And oh my goodness, it was the longest book that I claimed as my favourite book. Because it was really good with all the romantic details. Etienne and Anna's love was not forced, it was all natural and smooth. And also it took place in the city of love, Paris. It was just so perfect! Imagine yourself being independent in a foreign country and you meet this really handsome guy but what you don't know is that he is also head over heels for you.

The fourth book that I set my heart on was Pulled Under by Michelle Dalton. Ms. Dalton is known for her cute summer romance books. If anyone read Pulled Under, I know you're going to say that it was a typical cliche book. But for me, that was the beauty of it. It was typical, yes, but it was not the annoying type of typical or cliche story. It was also natural and smooth. And I love it.

But now, I think Effortless With You will be my new favourite book because everything is just so perfect. I don't usually like books that don't focus on the romance side, but this book is just plain amazing that I did not get bored even just for a page. It got me really excited as I pass a page from another. Fantastic.
Inex+

Post by Inex+ »

RKaye422 wrote:I totally agree with Mrs M's post that a favorite book, just like a song, can depend ALOT on where you were in life when you read it. some things resonate with you at 30 that maybe you couldn't relate to at 20. I too have an entire shelve of FAVORITE books--these are the ones I never pass on, never lend out, etc.

Anyway, the point being is how can I decide on JUST ONE???
Yes yes yes yes! I will so do the favourite books shelf, hadn't thought of that -definitely will put there One Hundred Years of Solitude and Infinite Jest and Good Omens and....
Kinga
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinga.html

Post by Kinga »

There are many many books which I really loved. But my favourite till now is Vanity Fair.
NothingOkGrey
Favorite Author: Daniel Handler
Favorite Book: Don Quixote
Currently Reading: The Late Starters Orchestra
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nothingokgrey.html
fav_author_id: 3229

Post by NothingOkGrey »

I'm not sure I would call it my favorite but I really like The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
alexjames72
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexjames72.html

Post by alexjames72 »

My favorite book is really a series of books. The Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel. The first is Clan of the Cave Bear.
Yeshua72
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Yeshua72 »

My favorite book is the Bible but besides that it is probably "Morals and Dogma the ancient and accepted scottish right of freemasonry". It's really hard to read but nevertheless interesting.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”