What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
milliethom
Favorite Author: Dorothy Dunnett
Favorite Book: Game of Kings - and numerous others.
Bookshelf Size: 15
fav_author_id: 27343

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by milliethom »

I have many favourites, and the list keeps on growing. In recent months I've added two more favourites to my list. These are, To Kill a Mockingbird and A Thousand Splendid Suns. That doesn't mean that my other favourites drop down a peg. They just move over to make some room on the shelf.
Ttesser7
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ttesser7.html

Post by Ttesser7 »

My favorite book is probably Divergent because I love Dystopian books!
Mark_Balas
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-balas.html

Post by Mark_Balas »

This is the hardest question ever! :D I have alot of books tied on first place. But for this year alone, it will be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe and Between Shades of Gray. :)
sam101

Post by sam101 »

my favourite book is usually the one I am reading at the moment, which currently is the A song of ice and fire series
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. This must be my favorite because its the only book that I have read more than once.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
Vanessa_J25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessa-j25.html

Post by Vanessa_J25 »

My favorite book is definitely the artemis fowl series by Eoin colfer, although i haven't finished the series (and its more than one book), i enjoy it very much. i actually didn't read artemis fowl until maybe high school i believe, and i love all books i read (that of course i pick or are recommended to me by friends) some more then others probably. i don't know what it is about the artemis fowl series that just captivates me, that series is what the harry potter series is to my friend. I know, some may think that there is no comparison to the harry potter series, and even though i didn't grow up reading artemis fowl or that it isn't a movie franchise, it is very dear to me.
SweetLilCarrie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetlilcarrie.html

Post by SweetLilCarrie »

My favorite book is definitely "Gone With The Wind." I love the way that it is written. Even though it is fiction I love that you can actually learn some stuff from it about the Civil War. I like that added romance in it because it makes you realize that yes that probably did happen, maybe not exactly the way that it did in the book but I am sure that similar things happened.
AaronMoshe1989

Post by AaronMoshe1989 »

I can say for sure that "The Da Vinci Code" is not my favorite book.
I can say one of my favorites is "The Wizard of Oz" and "Alice in Wonderland"...years beyond its time
Readwith_royella
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readwith-royella.html

Post by Readwith_royella »

Love letters to the dead by Ava dellaria! :)
Nova

Post by Nova »

Who could pick just one? For awhile I was very into Divergent and Insurgent but after reading Allegiant it completely ruined the whole series for me! I loved the Disappearing Girl and I was a fan of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I'm currently a big fan of the Addicted series by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie, they're also fun to follow on fb. But as mentioned several times, my favorite book is whatever I am currently reading!
aishamary94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishamary94.html

Post by aishamary94 »

I'm not sure I have a favorite book necessarily. I have many that I love like any John Green books, Rick Riordan books or Cassandra Clare. But I don't think I can narrow it down. Right now, I'm probably forgetting so many of them!
aspen_janine
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aspen-janine.html

Post by aspen_janine »

It changes depending on my mood or what i've recently read. At the moment it's the Book Thief, so much that i had a customized pendant made by scribbelicious (a company that create gorgeous jewellery with book quotes, and some from damaged book pages) with a quote from it.

I only just read How to kill a mockingbird so that's also in my top list at the moment!
Birdiegirl13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdiegirl13.html

Post by Birdiegirl13 »

It's a long list, but lately am entranced by Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series. Faves from that set:
Odd Thomas
Odd Interlude
Odd Apocalypse
Janiac02
Favorite Author: Sarah Woodbury
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: After Cilmeri Series
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janiac02.html
Latest Review: "A Cold Wind" by C. J. Brightley
fav_author_id: 3314

Post by Janiac02 »

I don't know that I actually have one favorite book or series, but I know that I've read Pride and Prejudice more than any other book, so I often choose that. I also have a tendency to love reading anything in the realm of the Fantasy genre. When I'm reading a book, I enjoy being thoroughly removed from my own surroundings. Period pieces work similarly, and that is another reason to love a good Jane Austen book.
Latest Review: "A Cold Wind" by C. J. Brightley
Awingert

Post by Awingert »

My favorite book would have to Unleashed by Kristopher Reisz. It allows me to see a different take on fitting in with a group of friends and doing what you think is right

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”